27 January 2006

Somtimes life just sucks!

That pretty much sums up the day I've had.

Some of you that read my blog know that my beloved Dad has been battling cancer for a quite a while now. Well it looks like he is finally losing his fight - and believe me he has put up a damn good one! He is the strongest, most amazing man I know and his passion for life has kept him going much longer than even the doctors predicted. My mum has been a rock too (although she's always been our rock!) and I can't even imagine what she has been having to deal with. She takes care of my dad and works full time as well. They celebrated their 38th Wedding Anniversary in October and are such an inspiration to me.

So now the time has come for me to travel to Sydney to be with them both. I don't know when I will be back or when I will update again, but if you could keep my dad and our family in your thoughts and prayers it would be much appreciated.

Treasure every day with your loved ones, because you just never know what day may be your last. I am lucky that I have always had a wonderful, special relationship with my Dad, so I have no regrets, only that I haven't been able to spend as much time with him this past year as I would have liked. So please remember, to hug your loved ones tight and let them know how much they mean to you.

3 comments:

Pam said...

Well no one can say that he's not a fighter that's for sure!!! He reminds me of my Nana! She fought for 5 years! I will keep you and your dad and Mum in my thoughts and prayers and hope that the end of his battle is a painless one. Sending hugs to you all!

lee woodside said...

Hugs to you gorgeous girl. I will send you a txt

Carol said...

Jodene, your whole family is in my thoughts and prayers! And I will give my kiddos extra hugs, too!!