25 February 2006

It's been a while


I can't tell you how many times I have come on and typed out an entry only to delete it. I guess I wasn't ready to share with the world yet (okay, so not that many people read my blog but you know what I mean).

On Valentines Day my beloved father finally lost his battle with Cancer. Thankfully he managed to stay home with his family until the end, and we (my mother, sister, brother and I) were all with him holding him as we had to say goodbye. I miss him so much. My heart aches and it feels like it will never be whole again. He was my hero, my mentor and the most wonderful father I could have ever hoped for.

The funeral service was held on Friday 17th February and while it was a beautiful service, it went so quickly and I felt like there was not enough time. After the service everyone came back to mum's place, so it was hard to just have a quiet moment. I only stayed until Monday and in that time mum had people staying with her so we never got to spend anymore time alone together which is something I regret. I think when things settle down a bit I will try to go back and have some time with her, just the two of us.

Tomorrow I go back to work after five weeks off - what a shock that will be! There have been a lot of changes in the office since I went away so it should be interesting to say the least.

I also thought I'd share this photo of my dad which was taken at my wedding in 1994. I just love this photo of him!

3 comments:

lee woodside said...

Hugs to you girl. You know that you were all in my thoughts and prayers during this time.
Miss you. xoxo

Pam said...

Hope going back to work wasn't too hard on you, it's hard enough without changes. Your father was a handsome one. I know it will take time but your heart will heal. Hugs!

bill said...

I'm sorry for your loss. And you're right -- that's an elegant and wonderful photograph.