18 August 2006

Proud Mum

Today I went to watch Maddie in the school choir. They were competing against 5 other schools in the region ... and THEY WON!!! They all sounded fantastic and I was so glad that I could be there to watch. I wasn't going to go because I had to work but since it was quiet I took the day off and went. She was so happy that I was there and the big smile on her face certainly made it worth it. She had been quite upset when she thought neither Gerard or I could make it.

So since I had the day off I then went for coffee (well skinny hot chocolate for me) with my friend Caroline at Gloria Jeans and then out to lunch with Kathleen. After we had finished lunch (2 hours later!) we headed off to Target and did a bit of retail therapy. Followed by a quick trip to Katies before picking up the girls where I purchased 8 shirts (t-shirt casual type tops) for the warmer weather. To top it off with all the sales that are on I saved almost $100 ($45 on the pants and $50 on the shirts at Katies). Gotta love bargains like that!

So aside from the little detour from my points (see post below) it was a pretty good day!

1 comment:

Pam said...

How cool that you go to go! Congrats to the winners! Glad you had a nice day off with your friends too!