14 April 2007

Has it really been 2 months??!!??!!

Ooops, to the whole three people that actually read my blog, I apologise! But trust me, you haven't missed much. I cannot believe it has really been 2 months - time flies even when you aren't having fun. Or so it appears! So here is a condensed version of what's been going on in my life since I last posted.

FAMILY STUFF
The girls are on school holidays at the moment and so are Gerard and I. We aren't going away but are having a lovely time sleeping in and just all hanging out together for longer than one day. I am really enjoying the break from work after a hectic few months. Monday we are taking the girls to the movies to see Happily N'ever After so I hope it is good.

I am going away on Thursday down to Wildwood Valley near Margaret River (in the south of WA) for a girls weekend - CANNOT WAIT!! The weekend also includes a 4 hour Thai Temptations cooking class, so it should be fun. As well as lots of relaxation, hanging out with the girls and I am sure consuming a fair share of alcohol :) I will be sure to share pics on my return.

And on Tuesday morning straight after I get back (on Monday night) Gerard leaves for Africa for 3 weeks. On my BIRTHDAY of all days!! I am a bit bummed about that but it can't be helped. We will just have to celebrate on Monday night before he goes.

Since I last posted, my mother-in-law has been for a visit and we had a great time. It is always so nice to have her here and the girls are always devastated when she leaves. The next family visitor will be my mum, and she will be coming in the next school holidays (in July).

SCRAPBOOKING STUFF
Well not much has been happening there lately either! I have managed a few pages and some cards over the last month but that's about it. Am hoping to get some more done over the next week though, before I go back to work.

I also had to (sadly and with a heavy heart) resign my position of faculty member at 123-Scrap! because I was so sick of letting the rest of the team down and feeling guilty all the time. I am hoping that when my scrapping mojo returns to me and life settles down a bit I can find my way back into the team.

WW UPDATE
Again ... not much progress! I have been hovering over the same couple of kilos for the last 6 weeks (so frustrating!) but finally had a good loss last week of 1.1kgs. I still haven't managed to break through that 70kg barrier ... only 500g to go now. I just have to get back to the basics of the program and I know it will work. Sadly I seem to have been lacking in motivation lately and Easter certainly hasn't helped.

I am grateful though that I haven't put on any of the weight I have lost so far, and am happily buying all my clothes in a comfy SIZE 12!!! I am now 6.4kgs away from goal...so close!

PERSONAL STUFF
Well finally after 18 years of having chipped and discoloured front teeth (I broke them in a car accident when I was 20) I am having some major dental work done. I was hoping it would be finished by my birthday but I have to wait until May for my front Crown/veneers as I needed some other more serious work done first. This included a rather traumatic extraction and stitches after having an abcess removed from my gums .. boy am I so glad that is over!! Now I am excited about the 'cosmetic work' to the front teeth. There are still some other crowns and fillings to be done too, but that is routine stuff.
So the big day for the new smile is 17th May .. and don't worry, I will share pics :) It has been so long since I could feel comfortable smiling for the camera.

That's about it I think! I will have to work on being a better blogger this month and keep the three of you updated ;)

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

jen said...

Welcome back Jodene...if you think of it as you head down to Margaret River give me a hullo....I am in Australind. Email me if you wish, would love to say hullo. (www.wrightj@bigpond.net.au)
Those last few kilo's are the hardest believe me, stick at it, you'll get there...it is worth it, and so are YOU!!!

Jen xx

Rach said...

About time you updated, chickie. ;) How exciting to get your teeth fixed and feel the confidence to give a big cheesy smile. I can't wait to see!

Hamster said...

Don't know if you've seen this already but if not Yu might be interested in this website.
www.thaifoodtonight.com
It's got about 30 recipes each one with a cooking video to go along
Good if you like to try cooking Thai food at home

Pam said...

How fun that weekend sounds! Wish I could go! :)

Can't wait to see the new you! ;)