26 April 2007

Trying to catch up

OH MY GOD!! I can't believe I just typed up a page of text and lost it when trying to change the type size.... how does that happen?? ARRGGGHHH!!! Oh well, here goes again (not that I can remember everything I just spent 25 minutes typing out).

The holidays are over and it was back to work for me today and back to school for the girls. It was a great 3 weeks off with Gerard and the girls, plus I also spent 5 days last week on a girls weekend away, which was AWESOME! But more details on that later.

I returned home on Monday night and Gerard and the girls surprised me with a little birthday party. My birthday was actually on Tuesday but since Gerard had to fly out for Africa at 8am Tuesday morning, we had to celebrate early. He won't be home for three weeks, and I am missing him already since I had been away for the 5 days before he left. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder, and I hope that's true! because there's been a lot of that lately. LOL

For my birthday (and in case you are wondering, I am 30ish - okay, the higher end of 30ish) I got some Lindt chocolates, jewellery from Madison, a keyring from Claudia, some homemade cards from the girls, a bracelet from my mum, some flowers and a pendant from my friend Caroline and a gorgeous hot chocolate for 1 set including the cutest pink cup from my friend Kathleen. That wasn't a total surprise since we got it when we were away in Margaret River, but I love it! I also got some new stamps which should arrive this week, and I ordered myself a gorgeous burner and some candles from a Partylights Candle party I went to before I left.

So all in all, a great birthday. Except for the part where my dh left in the morning! but the girls and I went out for breakfast and just had a nice day hanging out together.

As for the weekend away, I think that deserves it's own post. So stay tuned!







No comments: