02 September 2007

Our Perth Trip

Wow, what a crazy 5 days we have had! So busy and action packed – exhausting but fun! I will try and put things in order and will also add some photos later when I have had time to upload and resize them.

WEDNESDAY: drove the 7 hours from Kal to Perth. Checked in at our cabin and relaxed a bit before heading out to dinner at a Chinese restaurant with our friend Max. The place we stayed at had a great lake with swans and ducks, as well as huge playground, fantastic heated pool and playground including a huge jumping pillow which the girls just loved!

THURSDAY: spent the day in the city and did some shopping. I got Gerard a new Fender Guitar for our anniversary and he returned the favour with a beautiful ring for me AND a new Guess watch (photos to come, I promise).
In the evening we went to see Cirque du Soleil’s Varekei – in one ward FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC!!!! I cannot say enough about this show and if you get the chance to see it I would highly recommend it. Just wonderful. Visually spectacular and so entertaining. With not an animal in sight – just the way I like my circuses thank you very much!

FRIDAY: we spent about 5 hours at Perth Zoo and had a great time. This was Claudia’s favourite part of the trip and I am sure we will have to go back there on our next visit to Perth. We then headed back to our base camp for some much needed rest and managed to get a few hours sleep in. On Friday night we went to Max’s son Danny’s 21st which was fun. Gerard got up and played with the band and we finally left feeling pretty exhausted at about 11pm.

SATURDAY: Our last day in Perth so we headed off to Fremantle markets, then had lunch at Dome before taking the girls to Scitech. What a great place for kids! So many hands on experiments and activities for them (and us) to do. They even have this huge domed incubator with chickens eggs in them and we actually got to witness one hatching which was just fantastic as none of us had ever watch a baby chick being born before. Saturday night we just rested and had a quiet night in for the trip home.

SUNDAY: After dropping in for a quick goodbye to Max and his family we headed back to Kalgoorlie. Exhausted but very happy to have had such a great break away. Now to just unpack and catch up on all the washing before going back to work tomorrow.

No comments: