20 October 2007

Recent ramblings

Wow, I didn't realise it had been so long since I updated! Things are pretty busy at the moment and I guess they will only get busier as we approach the silly season. The girls went back to school on Monday and now that one week is already over there are only 8 weeks of term left - OMGosh!! another year just flying by.
Last weekend was my dad's birthday (he would have been 61) and it was also his and mum's 40th wedding anniversary, so needless to say he has been on my mind a lot lately, even more so than usual. And the amazing thing is, after dad passed away I planted a peace rose in our new garden bed dedicated to him, and it flowered on his birthday last week! how cool is that!
WW's is going well, and although I didn't lose anything last week (okay so I gained!) it was that 'hormonal' time so it was to be expected. I am hoping for a better result this week. The two weeks before that though I had some good losses totalling just over another 1.2kgs so that made for a nice change! lol Amazing what can happen when you eat properly huh.
When I was downloading some recent pics of the girls and I this week I noticed a big difference in my face and thought I would show you what a difference 13kgs can make :) Looking at these pics makes me realise how far I have come and I am motivated more than ever to get rid of these last pesky few kilos as soon as possible!
LEFT: Approx 86kgs RIGHT: Approx 73kgs
I should note that I have also had my teeth fixed (2 porcelain veneers on the front) and whitened - and that has made such a difference, especially to my self confidence. Some of the other notable differences to my life since I have been on my WW's journery are:
* Being able to try on clothes and know they will look half decent! My size has gone from a tight 16 to a nice comfy 12 :)
* I can smile with confidence when I get my photo taken
* I no longer have aching hips after sitting at my desk for a while - I used to get up and literally hobble or limp around due to the stiffness in my joints!
* I am much fitter than I was.

* I can wear pants shorter than 3/4 length in public without being embarrassed!

* Making the healthy choices with food comes more naturally to me now.

* Now that I am happier within myself I have noticed it has had such a huge effect on so many areas in my life - especially my marriage! Some areas even more so than others ;) Let's just say my dh finds me a lot more attactive these days and has started chasing me around the house again. LOL
And just because I know my fellow WW's members that visit my site like to see before and after pics here are a couple more.... First another 'before' photo (or fat photo as I call them)
And some current pics ...




3 comments:

Rach said...

Jodene, you are such an inspiration! You look so damn good and have changed so much. In your after shots you can literally see your confidence! I'm so happy for you, and now need to get my own butt in gear. I want for myself, all the changes you've seen in your own life.

karisma said...

Great work! Congratulations.

Always remember to hold your head up high, stand tall and be proud of who you are. You are a beautiful person. The better you feel about yourself, the better others see you as well.

WOW! You look fantastic.

JeanneLee said...

I hear ya about your dad, Jodene...it was 26 yrs ago for me and I still miss him and think about him...such good memories though...I need to scrap them.

AND you look fabulous! I aspire to be you!!