16 May 2008

I love Gamsol!

Yesterday I got some fun (long awaited) parcels in the post. Including a couple of new stamps and some Gamsol. And if you have never heard of it, it is an odourless mineral spirits used for blending regular coloured pencils. It is amazing stuff! And I love the way it blends my images. Gives a beautiful watercoloured effect, without that buckling and wetness often associated with watercolours. This stuff really is fantastic!! so if you haven't tried it yet I would thoroughly recommend giving it a go. Even my girls had a wonderful time playing with it last night and produced some gorgeous work.
Anyway, here are the images I coloured using the gamsol. Oh, and I should mention that the colour is blended using paper stumps or even cotton tips will work.

Supplies: Card: Black, white and Orchid Opulence. Organza Ribbon, Ink: Orchid Opulence and basic black. Stamps by Penny Black and Stampin' Up! Cuttlebug embossing folder for the background (which I inked on the reverse side before running through the machine). Image coloured using Faber Castel Pencils and Gamsol.


Supplies: Card: Close to Cocoa, river rock textured card and white. Close to cocoa ribbon, Stamps by Inky Antics and Stampin' Up! Image coloured using Faber Castel Pencils and Gamsol. Stitching done in brown thread with my new Janome Mini Sew. This turtle is one of my new stamps - isn't he the cutest

Supplies: Card: Wild Wasabi, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White. Ink: Black and Wild Wasabi; Stamp by Inky Antics, Choc Chip ribbon, Word Window punch and brads, background done with the cuttlebug (same technique as above).

3 comments:

karisma said...

You are so talented my dear! These cards are just beautiful!

Nancy ~ Inkcicles said...

I love Gamsol too!!! The results are amazing and it looks so good! You do an awesome job with this technique. Your turtle is a perfect example.

:-)

Keesh said...

Hey Jodene! I have been looking everywhere for Gamsol! I put it into Google and what should pop up.... your website! LOL! Can you tell me where to get some from, I am desperate to give my new Prismacolour pencils a go.
Thanks so much,
Love Keesh x