20 June 2008

Happy Friday

Well it has been a week of sick kiddies around here! After Claudia being home Mon, Tues and Wed, I sent her off to school yesterday only to get a call from the school to pick Madison up as she was sick. Claudia is on antibiotics for tonsilitis and Madison is displaying a lot of the same symptoms. She is home again today, so it has been a short work week for me too having only worked 2 days!
I can't complain as I did find some time to do a few cards last night and just thought I would share them here.

Supplies: Stamps by My Favorite Things, Paper by Kaiser, All card by Stampin'Up! in tempting turquoise, pretty in pink, whisper white, and basic black. Ribbon is also SU! I coloured the image using faber castel pencils and used gamsol (odourless mineral spirits) to blend. The background was done using the cuttlebug swiss dots embossing template and I matted the image using my new Nestabilities templates.


This card was created for a Featured Stamper Challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers. All I changed from the original was the image and the papers.

Supplies: Stamps: My Favorite Things, cardstock, ribbon and paper by SU! in whisper white, chocolate chip and pretty in pink. Image was coloured using the same technique as above.


This last one was also a scraplift (or should that be a cardlift?) from a talented stamper named Frances Byrne (whose link I can't find right now!).

Supplies: Card, ribbon and ink from SU! in tempting turquoise, pretty in pink, basic black and whisper white. Paper by Prima, Stamped image is from My Favorite Things, cuttlebug embossed backgrounds again, and Gamsol and pencil technique for colouring.

3 comments:

Pam said...

You are my card idol! Great cards girl!

Rach said...

These are super cute!

Hope your girls get better soon!
Colds are one thing .. tonsilitis is a whole nother thing. UGH!

Thanks for the reassurance on my lice post. Hailey gets them every year (tho missed this whole school year up until now), so I'm becomming a pro at this stuff.

karisma said...

Oh poor babies, I hope they feel better soon! Hugs to you all!