18 October 2008

Christmas Cards

I have started making a few Christmas Cards. Some are to sell (the LSS sells my cards for me) and some are to send out to family and friends. This first image is a bit washed out, and it is hard to see but the red cardstock is embossed with the Swiss Dots embossing folder before being sewn around the edges.
Supplies: SU cardstock in real red, basic black, whisper white, marigold morning. Image by Stamp-It. Coloured with Prisma pencils and gamsol. Dimensional magic used on the berries. Long rectangles nestabilities for matting and just some sewing around the edges. I made 10 of these ones :)


I thought this might be a nice card for my friends over the ocean who celebrate a white Christmas. Supplies: card in white and cool caribbean, snowflake stampset by Kaiser, CB Embossing folder, nestabilities for the circular matting and some ribbon. I distressed the edges with the Heidi Swapp edge distresser.

7 comments:

Robyn said...

Hi Jodene! Enjoyed visiting your blog tonight! Now you have 4 people who read your blog! Love your cards- put quite a few in my "faves". Your daughters are beaautiful AND talented!

Robyn said...

I did a "four is my favorite number"...(if you're interested)

Jodene said...

Hi Robyn
Thanks for your kind comments :) I tried to link back to your blog but it didn't work. Do you have a website I can visit?
Jodene

Gretchen Clark said...

thanks for your nice comments on my blog;0) I enjoyed visiting yours too, nice christmas cards! I haven't even thought about Christmas yet...it will be here before I know it;0)

Anya said...

Hi Jodene!
Thanks for the advice on the Scor-Pal! I've ordered one to help us out! We're actually doing a bunch of things with my aunt for a few Christmas Craft sales and I have also been doing some decoupage mirrors and even stained glass! We're definitely going all out... now if I could jsut catch my blog up to the present I could actually show people what I've been doing!

Debbie M said...

Hi - have just enjoyed a leisurly 'scroll' through your blog - your work is truely beautiful.

Debbie M

karisma said...

Lovely, you are so clever and talented!