20 December 2008

Woops ... I am a neglectful blogger!

Sorry to the three or four of you that read my blog .. in between working, catching up with everyone elses blogs, all the pre-christmas craziness and facebook I have neglected to update my blog! So here is a quick re-cap of what's been going on here :)

Another school year is over ... Madison finished Year 7 and Claudia finished Year 4. At the end of year presentation and concert Madison was awarded the Academic Achievement award for 2008 - the third year in a row she has received this award! I can't even tell you how proud of her we are. Both of the girls received outstanding report cards and had a wonderful year.

Gerard is back home after spending all of November overseas and doesn't have to go away again until late January. The girls and I are really enjoying having him at home. And hopefully we can get some odd jobs done around the house while he is here.

Madison went on her first school camp in early December and had a fantastic time! We missed her so much and weren't even allowed phone contact ... so I found that terribly hard :(

Gerard turned the big 4-0! last Sunday (much to his disgust) and we had a party here at home. It was a great night and we fell into bed exhausted just before 2am.

I am now on holidays until 5th January - woohoo! My mum arrived on Thursday and is staying until after Christmas so we have a little bit of family here with us to celebrate. I am hoping to get lots of crafting done while I am on my break too.

I am nowhere near ready for Christmas and still have quite a bit to do, although as far as the actual day goes, it will just be the 5 of us at home having a small Christmas lunch. If the weather is anything like this week, it is set to be a scorcher!!

I have managed a few cards here and there but not much time for anything of substance. I hope to get back into my scrapbooks in the new year as I have so much to catch up ... not that I could ever be caught up completely!!

And here are a few pics to finish off this post :)

Maddie goes on camp!

My beautiful girls - taken just before graduation mass

Last day of Year 7 - dressed for the graduation lunch.

Maddie's new 'do'

Just a random pic of the 2008 winner of the academic achievement award :)

The proud parents

Just me
Me and Claudia













1 comment:

Pam said...

Congrats to the girls! Happy 40th to Gerard! Your photos are wonderful!