14 February 2009

Amazing Grace (and Happy Valentines Day)

I hope that you all have had (or will have for my U.S friends) a wonderful Valentines Day with the people you love.
Valentines Day is always bittersweet for me. 3 years have passed today since the death of my beloved Dad, the first man I ever loved. And though I try to celebrate his life rather than mourn the loss, it is not always that easy.
I was happy to have Gerard home this year since he was away last Valentines. He put off his travel to Perth until tomorrow so we got to spend the day together. It has been lovely :)
You may notice (if you have your volume turned on) that I have added some music to my blog. And in memory of my dad today I have made this beautiful version of Amazing Grace (by Leanne Rimes) my current song as that was the song we played at my dads funeral. Although we played the Elvis version (since that was his favourite). But I just love this version the best, with no accompaniment, just that pure voice. What I wouldn't give to be able to sing like that!
I am also enjoying some Taylor Swift lately ... and I am so not a country fan by any means but I do really enjoy her stuff. The girls and I have been rocking away to it all week.

So whatever you are doing today, I hope that it is special. Happy Valentines Day!

1 comment:

Pam said...

Happy Valentines Day! I'm so glad you were able to spend the day with Gerard! I can't believe it's been 3 years. Time really does fly eh? I love Leanne Rhimes and Taylor Swift is my very favorite at the moment. But unlike you I LOVE country! :)