14 March 2009

Some big News and RAK Time

FAMILY NEWS
Well the big news in our family is that we have put in an offer on a house in Perth and after 15 years in a remote mining town we are moving to the city! The offer was accepted this week but is subject to the sale of our current home, but I am sure everything will go great. I would post some pics but I don't want to jinx it. LOL
But the great thing is it has so much more space. Which means the girls get their own rooms, I get my scrap room, Gerard gets his music room and we have 2 living areas AND a games room. Oh and of course a beautiful pool :) Pity we will move down at the start of winter ... I can't wait for next summer!
We went to Perth last weekend and also got the girls into schools so that is another load off my mind. Now I just have a tonne of work here to do to get our house on the market and then all the in between stuff. Now that we have made the decision I just want to be there already! And of course in the worst timing Gerard is working overseas in PNG until the end of March.
RAKS
It has been ages since I have participated in any RAKS so I was excited when I joined a new online Yahoo Group recently for Stampin' Up! enthusiasts in Australia. It is not only for demonstrators either, which is good (since I'm not one). And each month you have to send a RAK out to someone on the list using predominantly SU! supplies of course. I used some of my new stash on these cards. I just LOVE the new papers that have come out!
So here are my first two cards. These are for March and I won't say who is getting them in case they pop in here and see them, but I hope they like them! I am always nervous sending my creations to other stampers. I know I said you only have to send 1 a month but soon we will be moving and I may miss a month so it won't hurt to get a little ahead of the game now ;)

Supplies: Paper: SU Sweet Slumber Specialty Designer Paper (this has the best texture!), card in riding hood red, whisper white and baja breeze, Like it a Latte Stamp set (an old set) Accessories: Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon, filigree brad and I used nestabilities for the matting and added some machine stitching.

Supplies: Paper: SU Bella Birds DP, Card and ink in Choc Chip, Pink Pirouette and Whisper White, Botanical Blooms and Happy Harmony stamp sets, choc chip ribbon. I used the new eyelet border punch and just added some stitching and distressed the edges of the paper.

No comments: