15 September 2009

I guess it's time for an update!

Okay, so I have had my hand slapped by a couple of people (you know who you are!) for not updating my blog ... so I thought I would just do a quick post so that all three of my blog readers know that I am still alive and kicking.
Since my last blog post on 2nd August, we have had a few family celebrations and I have had a mini holiday of sorts. Firstly my 'baby' turned 11! Claudia has an addiction of sorts to hedgehogs, so of course she wanted a hedgehog cake ... and of course I obliged. It was pretty yummy too.
The girls and I had an afternoon in the beautiful Kings Park in Perth for a friend's birthday. It was so gorgeous there, and we can't wait to go there again on the school holidays!
Gerard and I celebrated 15 years of wedded bliss on 2nd September. He timed his trips away for work so that he could be here for our anniversary, and we had 3 days together. We went out for lunch at Hillarys Boat Harbour and just spent a few days catching up. Then I was off to Sydney for 9 days ... all alone! No kids, no routines, just hanging out with some family. I got to attend my sister in laws 40th birthday party and spent some time with my gorgeous neices and nephews.
I returned on Sunday night and was hit with a terrible tummy bug that had me flat on my back in bed for the next 24 hours :( Not happy, since as you know there is always so much to do when you get back from a holiday. Oh well, it was still waiting for me when I got up.
Sadly hubby flew out of the country 3 hours before I flew home, so we did a kid exchange through a friend, and I will have to wait another week to see him, when he returns home.
We are all looking forward to a visit from my mother in law for the school holidays and are busy planning all of the fun things we will do since she has never been to Perth before.
And now ... here are a few photos from the last month. Hopefully I will have some time to get creative again (it's been far too long!) and have some cards to share very soon!

Me and my adorable nephew Hayden (age 2)

His equally adorable big brother Corey (age 4)

Another nephew (my brothers son) Aaron who celebrates his 8th birthday this week!

Mums new dog, a 4yo Jack Russell named Tyson

My mother in law and mum looking very glam!

Me and the 'out-laws' we prefer that to inlaws :)
We are married to the three Tripp brothers

One of my gorgeous neices, Sam.

Claudia's Hedgehog Cake

My gorgeous baby .. with a very big knife!

Three of my gorgeous nieces together, in their pretty party dresses :)

1 comment:

Keesh said...

Fabulous Family photos Jodene! It sure sounds like you had a wonderful time in Sydney catching up with those adorable Nieces and Nephews :) Thanks for sharing! Love Keesh x