28 December 2009

Post Christmas catch-up

I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas! Ours was very quiet, just the four of us. But it was really nice to spend the day together. And just as well we had no big plans since I ended up very sick with the flu (that my darling hubby so nicely brought home from PNG for me). I am still trying to recover and hope to be 100% in time for New Years!
Santa was very good to all of us this year, and I have to admit that my girls were really spoiled. I didn't realise how much until people commented on the amount of stuff that they got! But they deserve it. And if you can't spoil your kids at Christmas then what's the point right?
This was the first year that 'Santa' was out of the closet so to speak, so we got credit for the gifts :) And I have to say that they were a LOT more appreciative and kept thanking us for all of their wonderful presents, and I guess because they know the value of things they realise how lucky they really were.
I have to say I did pretty well too. Apart from my new G11 camera, flash and strap, I also got an awesome pizza oven, some Samsara perfume, Pink Funhouse Tour DVD, Pink CD's, some stamps/punches, a new cutting mat for my desk, chocolates, earrings, gift vouchers, and other little bits and pieces. Like I said, very spoiled!
The big gifts for the girls were the Nintendo Wii with Wii Fit and lots of fun games and accessories. They also got Boogie boards for the beach, board games, DVD's, CD's and a tonne of other stuff!!
We had a really quiet morning at home, a family lunch of Turkey, ham, prawns and salad, followed by a swim and a trip to the beach to test out the girls new kite. Then played some of the girls new board games and some Wii. But I will leave all the photos for my next post.
Boxing day was pretty much the same ... family day at home, swimming and playing with all of our new toys.
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas with the people you love!

1 comment:

Pam said...

I am seriously jealous that you got to swim and go to the beach on Christmas! And I love that dragonfly kite! Sounds like a fabulous day!