05 March 2010

A challenge AND a sneak peek!

Well the girls over at Just Add Ink really have issued a challenge this week ... it's a colour challenge and let me just say that I found this one really hard!
The colours were Gable Green, So Saffron, Pink Passion and Tempting Turquoise.
Still not happy with my entry but it will do for now. Maybe I will play around with it some more tomorrow. I also used the gorgeous Medallion Stamp from Stampin' Up! which will be available from 1st April. The second card was made just because I wanted to use up the extra image I had stamped off.
I used the 'kiss' technique on these two cards .. inking up both stamps and stamping the french script stamp onto the medallion stamp before stamping it onto the paper.
Supplies: Cardstock: so saffron, pink passion, gable green, tempting turquoise. Ink in so saffron and pink passion. Ribbon is so saffron.

12 comments:

Sue said...

Love the colours, especially of the second one.

Paula said...

Wow, absolutely beautiful, and so elegant. You have made the colour combination work perfectly!

e_donaldson said...

Wow!!! you did fantastic. i love this look and how cool that the script is on the medallion! love it! TFS!

- MissImagination

Sonia G said...

Wow, Jodene. So great to see something from the new mini, already out there. Love the kissing effect. I have been meaning to try that for months. Maybe you'll inspire me to finally get out there and have a go.
Cheers
Sonia

Karen G said...

That colour challenge looks like fun. I may have a play over the weekend. The "kissing" technique looks fabulous on that big medallion. Two lovely cards, Jodene.

Karen G.

Liam said...

This is just gorgeous. You did a fab job. i think this will definitely get in the top 5 picks.

Liam

Karen said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jodene!! I can't wait to get that medallian stamp!

Karen
x

Danielle Daws said...

WOW! Using the kissing technique looks amazing with those colours! Can't wait to get the medallion stamp! :-)

Bronwyn Eastley said...

An absolutely gorgeous creation using some very 'tricky' colours. I love the 'kissing' technique with the En Francais. It looks great with the new stamp.

Kathryn Mangelsdorf said...

I have only just found out about your talents, but love your creations. You are so lucky to have the new stamp sets already still awaiting for the postman here in South Australia.

delysc said...

wow that is stunning Jodene!

Christine Blain said...

As always, blown away by your talent and ideas!!! Gorgeous. The Medallion stamp was one I hoped against hope would be in the upcoming Mini, and my prayers were answered - isn't it exquisite?! LOVE what you've done with it, Jodene.