25 April 2010

My birthday recap (with lots of pics)

Firstly, I wanted to say thankyou to all of my wonderful friends who sent me RAK's, emails, FB messages and texts for my birthday yesterday! It was so lovely to get so many birthday wishes. I just thought I would share a few photos of my day with you before I head out to spend the afternoon having a picnic by the beach with my family.

My day started yesterday with my wonderful girls coming in at 7am to give me presents. Madison even made me a yummy cup of tea in bed while I open my gifts and all of the wonderful cards I had received. My main gift this year was my tickets to Sydney for the upcoming SU convention but this is what else I got from my family (the first is a handsfree dock/charger for the car for my iPhone)
Then for lunch Gerard did a sushi run for me and brought it home, along with some flowers from each of them that they had picked for me (Madison gave me the tulips, Claudia the roses and Gerard the mixed bunch of flowers).
And my special day ended with a beautiful dinner out at my favourite Italian restaurant Da Vinci's where they even had a yummy chocolate mudcake for me :) If you live in Perth and haven't been there, I definitely recommend it!
Plus I also got spoiled with even more gifts! My mum sent me a Myer gift voucher (which I used to buy a VS You Curl hair straightner/curler), my MIL sent me a lovely long sleeve top and I got a beautiful bottle of wine from a lovely Stamping friend :)
So as you can see I had a wonderful birthday and was a very lucky girl! And if you think you've seen enough photos for today ... stay tuned because I will be back later to post my official POTD pic. After all, these ones were actually all taken yesterday so don't count for todays POTD.
Have a wonderful Sunday!

6 comments:

Tammy Hanlon said...

Glad to see you had awonderful day...
And what a lovely lot of cards you got, we are a very clever bunch over at Stamin'Up! in oz aren't we.
Take Care
Tammy

Christine Blain said...

Belated happy birthday! I'm "out of the loop" for a few days, and look what happens. Looks like you had a wonderful day. Thanks for sharing those beautiful photos; gorgeous photos of you with your family, and the one of you and Gerard together is really lovely.
Christine xx

Sue said...

Glad you had such a lovely birthday. Loads of nice pressies, cards and photos. Especially like the look of the cake:)

Gretchen Clark said...

what a great day!! and a lovely looking family ;)

I love your POTD too!!!
Glad you had a great birthday.

Debbie said...

Just saw that we shared the same birthday..looks like you had a great day!! What a nice looking family too.

Karen G said...

Jodene, you have a lovely family and I bet you really enjoyed your day!!! Love all your pressies, you did well.

Karen G.