27 April 2010

POTD #4

You may look at this photo and wonder what on Earth I am doing taking a photo of a ratty old suitcase ... what is that saying 'a picture is worth a thousand words?' something like that anyway.
Well this picture speaks volumes about our lives at the moment. You see for the last couple of years my husband has spent a LOT of time working overseas (Africa and Papua New Guinea mostly) and in fact last year spent more than 150 days away from us.

When he comes home, he puts his well travelled suitcase in the corner and there it stays until he is ready to go again ... a constant reminder that he won't be here for long but also a nice reminder that he is home ... for now. That is why I decided to take this photo and why I decided to choose it for my POTD.

Take care and remember to treasure every minute you get to spend with the people you love.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Love the fact you turn something negative into positive.