05 May 2010

Recipe Share - Rasberry and Coconut Muffins

After my recent post showing a photo of the muffins I made, I received a couple of requests for the recipe so I thought I may as well just post it here! Trust me, these muffins are DIVINE! And even nicer served warm with fresh cream :) I am sure you could also substitue the rasberries for blueberries or even the frozen mixed berries ... hmmm maybe I will try that next time!
INGREDIENTS:
2.5 cups (375g) self-raising flour
90g butter, chopped
1 cup (220g) caster sugar
1.25 (310ml) buttermilk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup (30g) desiccated coconut
150g fresh or frozen rasberries
2 tablespoons shredded coconut

METHOD:
1. Preheat oven to moderately hot (approx. 180deg celcius or 160 for a fan forced oven). Grease a 12 hole muffin pan.

2. Place flour in a large bowl; using fingertips, rub in butter. Add sugar, buttermilk, egg, desiccated coconut and rasberries; using a fork mix until just combined.

3. Divide mixture among holes of prepared pan; sprinkle with shredded coconut.

4. Bake for about 20 minutes. Stand muffins for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.

Makes 12. Prep time 10 mins. Baking time 20 mins.
Recipe from the Women's Weekly cooking class Cakes book.

Enjoy!

7 comments:

Karen G said...

Ooh, this recipe looks so easy. Although I am not a big fan of baking any cakes or biscuits (or anything sweet for that matter).

I am convinced my oven cringes when I try to do anything sweet!! Nothing every turns out the way it should.

I am more of a savoury cook but will pass on this recipe to my lovely daughter. Thanks for sharing Jodene.

Karen G.

Sue said...

Can't believe you are tempting me. They look so yummy, I know they must have too many calories for me, BUT I hear them calling my name:)

Susan Joyce said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan Joyce said...

Thanks for the receipe Jodene. Did the taste test at Ngaire's and they are really yummy.

Tammy Hanlon said...

Will be trying these!! thanks for sharing Jodene.
Tam

Sam said...

WOW...I'm dribbling on my keyboard Jodene.

Thanks for the recipe.

:-)
Sam.

Missy said...

Thanks for sharing Jodene, have finaly got around to making them (not a fan of rasberries so used mixed berries) and yumo!

Thanks again
Amanda