09 July 2010

Get Well Card

Here is the card I made for my dear friend who had her surgery today. Thankyou for all of the well wishes and thoughts I received following my post about her last week. Her surgery went well and there was no sign of cancer in the lymph nodes which was really good news, so she will not need chemotherapy but will start Radiotherapy in about 6 weeks.

I should add that this card was based on a similar one made by Nichole Heady from Papertrey Ink (which is where this stamp set came from).

Other Supplies (all Stampin' Up!): Ink: Basic Black, Melon Mambo
Cardstock: basic black, melon mambo, whisper white
Other: stitching, polka dot embossing folder, basic black satin ribbon, stampin' dimensionals.

5 comments:

Jo said...

I'm glad to hear it was good news for your friend. Hoping her treatment goes smoothly

Sue said...

So glad your friend has received good news. I hope her treatment continues to go well.

Love the card.

Karen G said...

This is a lovely stamp, makes you feel nice and cosy!! It's good to hear that your friend's surgery went well and hope everything else goes okay for her.

Karen G.

H2 :) said...

Gorgeous card Jodene. Great to hear that Kathleen is doing well. All the best for her further treatment. :)

Patrice said...

I've been meaning to email you and ask about Kathleen, but as you know computer has been playing up, argh. Such good news for her, and a gorgeous little card from you.