15 July 2010

JAI26 - Just Add Embossing

It's time for another weekly challenge over at JUST ADD INK. And this week the challenge is to just add embossing. I am very excited (and nervous) since it is my first official week posting a project as a JAI design team member!

It had been a while since I had taken my heat gun off the shelf and I had a lot of fun rediscovering the joy of heat embossing! I think it was one of the first 'wow' techniques that really caught my eye when I discovered stamping all those years back.

Since I didn't have the matching Stampin' Up! craft inkpads that I needed, I used the old versamark and dye ink trick to get the same effect and ensure that my images matched my cardstock. If you have never done this before and would like to give it a try it really is very easy, there are just 4 simple steps!

1. Ink your stamp using a versamark ink pad
2. Ink the same image into the coloured ink pad of your choice.
3. Stamp your image onto your cardstock
4. Sprinkle clear embossing powder over the image and then set using your heat gun.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. Here is my card for this week's challenge. And if you didn't just come here from Just Add Ink , be sure to pop over there and see all of the wonderful creations from the other design team members.
Supplies:
Stamps: Share a cup, Sip by Sip
Cardstock: Old Olive, Baja Breeze, Whisper White
Ink: Old Olive, Baja Breeze, So Saffron
Other: Old Olive satin ribbon, stitching, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, clear embossing powder, heat gun

10 comments:

Sue said...

Lovely.

Karen said...

Oh this is cuuuuuuuuuuuuute! LOVE IT JODENE!!!

Karen
x

Robyn said...

Super sweet Jodene! Great card that's gone into my faves!!

Christine Blain said...

Nervous??!! Don't be nervous - you're a pro at this card-making game! Love your sweet card, Jodene. The colours are very calming, and the ribbon is divine. I, too, don't emboss anywhere NEAR often enough, so look forward to conjuring up something for this challenge. When I first started stamping 14 years ago, I gold-embossed everything in sight! (Glad my tastes have changed a bit.)

Patrice said...

Love this card - and you've done lots of embossing :o) and stitching too, you're a pro!

stampingelegance said...

These colours and textures are ~amazing~ Jodene - beautiful work as always!

Kerri D said...

Oh Jodene you don't need to be worried about being nervous your work is brilliant ALL the time. Lovely card!

Karen G said...

This is a lovely card again, Jodene!! I love the little teacup, it's sooo cute.

Karen G.

alittlelessuseless said...

Fantastic, I love the colour scheme for this card, the layout and your embossing looks fantastic. Well done.
Gardenia

Bronwyn Eastley said...

This is such a great design for a card and the colour combo is lovely. Just love that 'Share a Cup' stamp!