29 July 2010

Just Add Ink Challenge #28

Wow another week has zipped right by, which means it's challenge time again over at Just Add Ink! But this week is different, because it's a DOUBLE CHALLENGE! The theme is to make a 'Man Card' but you also have the added bonus of this gorgeous masculine colour combination to help you :)
I just absent mindedly went with a Father's Day theme card because it was the first thing that came into my head, and only later did it hit me that I have nobody to give it to. It's so strange how after three and a half years I can forget that my dad is no longer here. But if he were, I know that he would have really liked this card. He used to proudly show off anything I made him to anyone who would look! lol I guess parent's don't outgrow the joy of showing off their kids handywork huh, no matter how big their kids get!Supplies:
Stamps - Wonderful favourites, lovely as a tree and weathered background.
Cardstock - baja breeze, chocolate chip, very vanilla and kraft.
Other: string, large pewter brads, stitching, stampin' pastels, distressing tool.

7 comments:

Sue said...

(((Jodene))) That's a lovely card. Your dad would have loved it.

H2 :) said...

Beautiful card Jodene. Love the rustic look you have created. :)

Helen Williams said...

Simply Stunning Card Jodene.
I love that tree, one of my favourite Stamp Sets.

Renée said...

This is absolutely fabulous, Jodene!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I must ink up that tree!! This is a great, inspirational, masculine card! TFS.

Christine Blain said...

Beautiful. Exactly as I would've made it (if only I knew how to sew), LOL. Big hugs to you xx

Melissa Davies said...

This is a gorgeous card, and so is those fabulous bookmarks, am loving your projects, will bookmark you so i can come back often, thanks for sharing :)