02 September 2010

JAI33 - Sketch Challenge

The girls have a great sketch challenge for you this week over at Just Add Ink. So if you want to play along, pop on over to JAI and follow the instructions. We would love to see your submissions! Here is the sketch for this week.
This week I have made two cards using this sketch. They are both quite different in colour and theme, but I think this sketch works great for both of them! The first one is a bright kids birthday card. Supplies:
Cardstock: pumpkin pie, whisper white, tempting turquoise, real red, paper from the Hoppy Memories scrapbooking kit
Ink: Real Red, tempting turquoise
other: Paper piercer, gemstones, white twine, nestabilities template

The second is a card I made for my hubby for our 16th Wedding Anniversary which we are celebrating today. I tried to make it less 'girly' by changing the ribbon for some scalloped edge strips of coordinating cardstock. He doesn't like too much 'stuff' on his cards. LOL
Supplies:
Cardstock: Night of Navy, Very Vanilla
Stamps: Greeting by PTI, background stamp from the Friends 24/7 set by SU!
Ink: Not quite navy
Other: Scallop edge border punch, nestabilities, gemstones

10 comments:

Sue said...

Fabby cards.

Paula said...

Beautiful Jodene. I love how you have used two completely different occasions to show off the sketch. Great job!

Helen Williams said...

Happy Anniversary Jodene.
Beatiful Cards well done.

Christine Blain said...

Beautiful - love them both! You are so clever; love your ideas.

Sandi said...

I especially love the anniversary card, and congratulations on 16 years xo

Tui Nathan said...

Fabulous cards Jodene ... I too love both of them ... definite caseables!!!
And, a very very Happy Anniversary to you both....

Danielle Daws said...

They're both fantastic! My favourite is your anniversary card, but I also like the length you've used with the first one. Gorgeous!

Melissa said...

Jodene, both cards are lovely, and I love your balloons on the first one too, very cute

Nikki Stalker said...

Another 2 fantastic cards. Thanks for the inspiration.

Emma said...

Love these cards...awesome. The kids birthday card is unreal!