23 September 2010

JAI36 - Sketch Challenge

Well, it appears another week has zoomed right on by me. A lot has happened since I last checked in here, and I am now officially a working girl again! It all happened so quickly, I went in last Friday to 'see a man about a job' as they say, and on Tuesday I was on the train heading into the city for my first day as Office Manager of a Geological contracting company. Isn't it funny how life can change in the blink of an eye!

So with hubby away, my new job, and 315 metres of ribbon to cut, sort and bag for a ribbon swap I am in, it has meant that I have had no time to stamp all week :( I did get some new stuff from Stampin' Up! this week though so I am hoping to get to play lots on the weekend.

The girls also start school holidays this week (for 2 weeks) so I will be working around that, and looking after my friend's boys for a little while next week as well. But as long as I get some stamping time in, and get to hang out with the girls I will be one happy camper.

Now onto the reason for my post ... this week's sketch over at Just Add Ink. I have gone bright this week with a colour combination of tempting turquoise and melon mambo, although it's not quite as bright in reality as it looks in the pic ;) I also flipped the sketch to fit the idea I had for the card as well.

The rest of the DT have made some gorgeous creations this week, so be sure to pop over and check them out!

Supplies:
Stamps: Very Vintage Wheel, Every Moment
Cardstock: Whisper White, melon mambo, tempting turquoise
Ink: Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black
Other: Felt, Beautiful Butterflies Big Shot Die, Dotted embossing folder, Melon Mambo ribbon, buttons.

8 comments:

Sue said...

Congrats on the new job.

Hope you get to play at the weekend.

Fab card.

Rachel said...

Beautiful and good luck in your new job.
Rach:)

Jo said...

Very pretty, love the colours you've used.

Hope the job is going well.

Karen said...

Look out PTI - Jodene will be placing a BIGGGGG order soon! lol

Congrats on your new job Jodene - thats really awesome!

I just love this card. So simple and yet so beautiful! Great job!

Karen
x

Gretchen Clark said...

congrats on the new job!!! Hope you can stamp over the weekend~work really cuts into my stamping time, LOL!! :)

KimB said...

Hi Jodene,
those felt butterflies look gorgeous and the bright colours really pop against the white. I love the subtle stamped pattern on the top too! Hope the first week at work went well and you get time to play with your new goodies!

Kim

alittlelessuseless said...

gorgeous card.... love everything about this one...and congrats on that job...it sounds awesome!!!!!!!!!!
Gardenia

Melissa said...

Congrats on your new job Jodene, I really love your card, its bright and cheery! Love the butterflies.