14 October 2010

Just Add Ink #39

It's challenge time again over at Just Add Ink, and last week we highlighted Pink Ribbon Day which is coming up on the 25th October. But October is also Anxiety and Depression Awareness Month. So to coincide with this very important cause, this week's challenge is

Just Add Blue

There is also an (optional) second part to this week's challenge. And you don't even have to tell us all about it in your entry post (but you can if you want!) and that second part is to RAK (give or send) the card you create for Just Add Blue to someone you care about.
A RAK or Random Act of Kindness is when you do something nice for someone for no particular reason, so it's not for their birthday, or Christmas etc. Just... Because!

It doesn't have to be someone who's suffering depression, or someone who's struggling. It could be someone who makes you laugh, or someone you've been out of touch with for a while. Maybe it's someone who'd just like your card! Anyone! The idea is to make your card, and then send it!

And for more information on this very important topic, visit the Beyond Blue website at beyondblue.org.au

Oh and before I forget, here is my card for this week!
Supplies:
Stamps: Engraved Greetings
Cardstock: Early Espresso, Marina Mist, Whisper White
Other: stitching, rhinestones, marina mist satin ribbon, vintage wallpaper embossing folder, nestabilities

17 comments:

Danielle Daws said...

Absolutely beautiful. I love the ribbon!

Sue said...

I love this Thank You card. I'd not think about putting those colours together, but they work lovely.

Karen said...

Oh first thing first Jodene - your card is gorgeous as always! You know I'm the biggest fan of your work though!:)

Second - what a FANTASTIC idea to send the card onto someone. I might try and make a couple, even if their the same just to brighten someones day!

Luv Karen
x

Kez said...

Gorgeous card Jodene and a lovely idea to send a card to someone to give them a lift.

Patrice said...

Love your card, particularly the stitching - it finishes it off nicely :o)

Kerri D said...

OMG I love your work! Just beautiful!!! I keep going to stitch after seeing your work but just never get there...lol. Love the sponging

Mae Collins said...

I love the stitching on this card and how you have applied it to that beautiful ribbon, fabulous!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I love the neat stitching! Beautiful card, as ALWAYS!

Gretchen Clark said...

I love what you did with the ribbon~really pretty, gonna have to dust of my sewing machine and give it a try ;)

Melissa said...

This is gorgeous Jodene, into my CASE file lol, I love it from the ribbon to the sentiment, lovely!!!

alittlelessuseless said...

I hate you so much for how awesome this card is. Ahhhh. You blow my socks off every week. :)

Renée said...

oooooh, I LOVE how you stitched over the ribbon! Fab card, Jo!

KimB said...

Hi Jodene,

its looks fabulous - love the stitching it frames everything perfectly. I also really like the effect you got adding the colour around the sentiment - very nice!
Kim

Christine Blain said...

Beautiful! (I laughed at Gardenia's comment.) The Marina Mist panel looks fantastic embossed, and I LOVE the sentiment panel. Hadn't even given that stamp a second look, but it's beautiful - as is your sponging. Gorgeous card, love :)

Makeesha Byl said...

Beautiful Jodene! I love your stitched ribbon! gorgeous! Love Keesh x

Rachel said...

Stunning.
Rach:)

paulatracy said...

So stunning Jodene! This is gorgeous and I love the ribbon!