11 November 2010

JAI43 - Just Add Christmas

It's challenge time again over at Just Add Ink, and with Christmas merely weeks away it's time to start working on some cards. That is why this week's challenge is perfect to get us all inspired and in the holiday stamping spirit. Be sure to pop over and see what the girls have created this week, I am sure you love them just as much as I did!

For my project this week I decided to make a 3D item. The star box template is by Lauren Meader and is perfect for gift wrapping your pressies this year. To get the glittery image on the box I stamped my image in vanilla craft ink and then mixed some heat & stick powder with some dazzling diamonds and applied it to the image before heat setting it.
Supplies:
Stamps: Welcome Christmas, Snow Burst
Cardstock: cherry cobbler, old olive, very vanilla, Holly Jolly DSP
Ink: Cherry cobbler, old olive, vanilla craft ink
Other: riding hood red striped ribbon, button, heat & stick powder mixed with dazzling diamonds.

23 comments:

Paula said...

What a fantastic box, Jodene! Love the glitttery image and the big fat bow too :-) I would love to make one of these, will have to visit Lauren now, won't I?!!

Sue said...

Fab project.

delysc said...

gorgeous Jodene! Off to purchase too!

Tania M. Gould said...

STUNNING! Really profession-looking!

Christine Blain said...

What a beautiful gift in itself (you could just leave it empty, ha ha). The subtlety of the sparkly stamped image is gorgeous. Love this!

Karen said...

Hey there Jodene!!

I just LOVE this! What an awesome way to package a gift!

BTW - I love chocolate - do you need my address again! roflol

Have a great day chickadee!

Karen
x

Danielle Daws said...

Holy cow!! This is AWESOME!!

KimB said...

Wow - well it was worth the wait ;) The box is amazing! I really like your multi colour JOY and the glittered up silhouette stamp :)
KIm

Gayatri said...

Gorgoues Christmas star box. Love it, Jodene!

Mae Collins said...

WOW what a great box design for a Christmas gift, love it!

Melissa said...

Wow, this is fabulous Jodene, I ummmed and ahhed over this template, doh! wished I got it now lol, you did an amazing job of it, love the glittery image, just gorgeous.

TrishG said...

This is really well done! Excellent job! I'm not very inspired to do 3D items. I love yours!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

This project is amazing - definitely thinking outside the square with this one!

Susan Joyce said...

Fabulous project Jodene, delightfully decorated.

Gretchen Clark said...

you never cease to amaze me ;) this is gorgeous!!!

Debi said...

I love your box too- great colours great shape x

Mary J said...

Well this is just gorgeous, Jodene! I am lovin' your style!

Rachel Moore said...

jodene, that looks just smashing, what a perfect idea for chrissie, turned out really well

Monique said...

lovely OTP project, this looks great.
TFS

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

FAB FAB FAB!!!!! Love it! Hugs xxaxx

Amanda said...

This is amazing!!! Love love love it!

Karen Rogers said...

Really fun project & love how you've made it so pretty!

e_donaldson said...

Your box came out simply gorgeous! Great work as always Jodene! Miss ya at Miss Imagination! Hope you have a wonderful holiday and hopefully I'll see more of you in the New Year!

- Elizabeth