14 November 2010

Just Add Christmas to an Inkspirations colour challenge!

I thought Makeesha's colour challenge this week was just perfect for some traditional Christmas cards and so I thought I would join it with the Just Add Ink challenge to create this card. I can't take credit for the layout design as I cased a card that was done by the super talented Dawn McVey (I just LOVE her style!)
Supplies:
Stamps: all by Papertrey Ink
Ink: Riding Hood Red and Old Olive
Cardstock: Kraft, Riding Hood Red (I didn't have any real red left!), Old Olive and White
Other: Kaiser red pearls for the tree, Dies from Papertrey Ink, Old Olive satin ribbon, chocolate chip marker for the tree stump

16 comments:

Tania M. Gould said...

Lovely! Fresh and bright!

Karen said...

OH yeah baby - I LOVE this!! I'm HUGE fan of Dawns beautiful simple style too!

Luv K
x

Sue said...

Really lovely.

Lee-Anne said...

Wow, this is just gorgeous! I love the layout and love the stamp set you have used. This is so elegant, a perfect Christmas card.

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Crisp, clean and beautiful!

Danielle Daws said...

Oooh! This is gorgeous!

Christine Blain said...

Love it! You can still take credit for its beauty, 'cos YOU made it! Gorgeous card, Jodene.

Pam said...

That tree is just too cute! Great lift!

Renée said...

so cute! love the layout, love the colours, love it!

Carrie Gaskin said...

Great layout and design. I love the crisp feel of this - great job!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Super gorgeous! xxaxx

Gretchen Clark said...

this is so pretty!! I want that PTI die too (it is on my wish list).

Marisa said...

Love it :) Great use of the tree and the PTI die. Love the white eyelet border along the bottom. Thanks for playing playing Inkspirations with us this week :)

kirstyscardnscrap said...

OMG!!! I love it! This card is just fabulous. You have done a fabulous job on the colours!
Kirsty

H2 :) said...

Fantastic layout Jodene. Love the "blingy" tree. :)

Cindy Major said...

I like this! Very clean and modern - nicely done!