24 November 2010

Just Add Ink #45 - Sketch Challenge




Well another week has zoomed right by me and I am happy to report that I am starting to feel human again. This head cold does seem to not want to leave me though.

The end of another week also means a new challenge over at Just Add Ink! And this week it's this great sketch challenge.


And here is my card. To create the beautiful 'frosted' looking snowflakes on my Crumb Cake background I first stamped the images in whisper white craft ink, and then sprinkled it with a mix of equal parts of heat 'n stick powder and dazzling diamonds. Then just heat set with your embossing gun and it's that simple! I also sponged the edge in white craft ink and did the same thing. It looks sooo sparkly in real life!


Supplies:

Cardstock: Riding Hood Red, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla

Stamps: Dasher by SU!, greeting by Papertrey Ink.

Ink: Crumb Cake, whisper white craft, riding hood red

Other: Riding hood red striped ribbon, dazzling diamonds, button

18 comments:

Danielle Daws said...

Oh my goodness... this is gorgeous!

Paula said...

LOVE IT! Must use my Heat & Stick powder more - thanks for the idea and tip!

Sue said...

Fab Christmas cards.

*Spring Blossom* said...

OOOOOOHHHHHHH so sparkly!!! I really like that dasher stamp, I'm yet to ink mine up.

Patrice said...

Love all the glittery goodness. Great card!

Tania M. Gould said...

I lurrrvve this card!!!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Stunning! Love the sentiment over 'Dasher'.

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

Gorgeous card Jodene.
Love the ribbon and the way you put the text over Dasher.
It's beautiful.
Kathy

Christine Blain said...

BEAUTIFUL, Jodene. I love all the sparkle (and the tip about the heat & stick powder / Dazzling Diamonds mixture). I also really like how you've stamped the sentiment over Dasher; fabulous!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Sooooo pretty! Am eager to get my hands on my Dazz Diamonds again! I kept forgetting to order ... but some has arrived this week! Hugs xax

Karen said...

This is one FABO card girl! Love all the glitter and how you stamped the setiment over dasher! Great job!

Karen
x

Rachel Moore said...

wow, looks magical , so winter wonderland. loveit jodene

Sue Rowe said...

Love the glitter, love the button, love the ribbon, love Dasher - gorgeous card :)

Jo said...

Oooh, this is gorgeous. I think I need to get some of this wide ribbon :)

Melissa said...

this is so sparkly and christmassy, just lovely

Amanda said...

Magic Jodene. xx

Debbie Airey said...

Jodene, this card is simply stunning! I love the glitter and the ribbon :-)

Robyn said...

Love it Jodene! Fabulous!