20 January 2011

JAI52 Sketch Challenge

Has another week really flown by already? It won't be long now and the girls will be back at school. I have loved these slow late starts of the holidays, it will be a shame to see them come to an end. But it will be nice to have some time to myself again.

The good thing about the end of another week, means that it's time for another challenge over at Just Add Ink. And this week it is a sketch challenge, and here is the sketch.
And here is my card. You will notice I have kept this one very simple, not a stamp in sight! Supplies:
Cardstock: Whisper white, pink pirouette, basic black
Other: Universal embossing folder, SU! gemstones, SU! rubons, Tim Holtz border die, Ribbon was salvaged from a Christmas gift :)

9 comments:

Paula said...

Oh YUM!! LOVE the ribbon Jodene, it is stunning! The whole card is lovely and I actually like that no stamps came to harm in the making of this project, lol

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Who needs stamping when that gorgeous ribbon steals the show! lovely card.

Karen said...

Its a gorgeous card Jodene and I'm with Paula on the ribbon - LOVE IT!

Karen
x

Sheryl said...

What a beautifully tied bow Jodene - looks so elegant!

Jo said...

OK, so I'm on the bandwagon of the beautiful ribbon too. It is just lovely. Very pretty card.

KimB said...

Awesome salvaging Jodene - I can't bear to leave ribbon to waste either ;) It does steal the show here - so good choice to let your stamps have a day off - lol!
Kim

Gretchen Clark said...

I love this sketch!! I am going to give it a try over the weekend~although I don't have that die from SU! :( Have a great weekend!!

Christine Blain said...

That salvaged ribbon is DIVINE!! Love how you've 'built' the card around it; such a beautiful creation from you, once again :)

Tania Gould said...

Beautiful card Jodene! Love the colours!