27 January 2011

JAI53 - An Inspiration Challenge

This week over at Just Add Ink, we have an inspiration challenge for you. And here is the gorgeous picture that I am sure will inspire you.
And I feel I need to apologise for my card this week! I read the challenge wrong and made a card using 'bursts of colour' rather than using this gorgeous picture as my inspiration piece!! Such a bummer too, because Sunflowers are my favourite flowers of all :) So stay tuned for a new card which will be more representative of this week's challenge. In the meantime, here is my original card ... and hey, it does have flowers on it so I guess that's something right?

I should also point out that the little black dots on my card are actually from the black glitter I used in the centres of the flowers. But I had a hard time picking up the effect in the photo.
Supplies:
Stamps: Awash with Flowers (SU!) and signature greetings (PTI)
Cardstock: melon mambo, bermuda bay, whisper white
Ink: Ranger archival ink, Basic grey
Other: Prismacolour pencils, black glitter, rhinestones, pink ribbon

14 comments:

Rachel said...

STUNNING
Rach:)

Nikki Stalker said...

Your card is lovely Jodene. I love sunflowers too so it will be interesting to see what you come up with next. They are such a happy flower.

Nikki

Mae Collins said...

Jodene this is card is your interpretation of the challenge and I don't think in anyway wrong. It is a beautiful card with lovely bright colours which the photo inspires to me too! I too will love to see another way you will interpret this photo!

Tania Gould said...

I think this card is perfect, Jodene - really stunning!

Karen said...

Jodene I think your card is just delightful! It's such a happy looking card and as usual your colouring is fantastic!

I'm hoping to play along with this challenge later this arvy! Been running aroung like a twit all morning!

Karen
x

Karen said...

Oh my goodness that is just a fabulous card Jodene, Now I really really need that stamp set.

Paula said...

I absolutely LOVE this bright, happy, bursting with colour card. You so got this challenge right, my friend!!

Patrice said...

You so don't have to apologise for this card. I think you've done a perfect job of the challenge this week. It is bright and cheery and those flowers are stunning. Perfect!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Ditto to everyone else's comments! You actually 'nailed' it - gorgeous card.

Gretchen Clark said...

ohhhh so pretty!! I love the bright color combo :) did you get your new PTI stamps yet?? cannot wait to see what you create with them!! Have a FABULOUS weekend!!

Rachel Moore said...

Your card is just fab, i cant believe you thing there is something wrong with it. it looks stunning

Karen G said...

I love this card, it's very bright and summery. The inspiration pic is just gorgeous and I think your card is perfect.

Karen G.

Nikki said...

This is lovely Jodene, so bright and happy, it made me go look in the catty at this set...AGAIN!!!
Definately a burst of colour.

Corinna Buchan said...

This is a beautiful card - I think perhaps my very favourite from all I seen made with this stamp set. Love the colors too - definately a "happy & cheerful" card. Love it!