13 January 2011

Just Add Ink #51 - A monochromatic challenge!

This week's challenge over at Just Add Ink is a fun one! The theme is to make your project using a monochromatic colour scheme (using only one colour or shades of the same colour).
I am not sure that my project this week is exactly true to the meaning since if I just made it all red, it would be a plain red card! lol
However I started with the DSP as the inspiration for this weeks project and went with that. I made this little chocolate box and matching card as a birthday gift for a friend. There was no template for the box as I just traced one I had received from my secret sister last year, (Sandra Azzopardi) and it was made to fit these particular chocolates (from Aldi if anyone is wondering). I picked them up when I was in Sydney recently.

Anyway, enough chatter! Here is my project.
And here it is all boxed up and ready to be sent on it's way :)
Supplies:
Stamps: Full of Life (SU!)
Ink: Riding Hood Red
Cardstock: Riding Hood Red and Very Vanilla. Love Letters DSP.
Other: Corner rounder, label punch and ribbon from SU! Flower die from Papertrey Ink.

14 comments:

Mae Collins said...

This project is absolutely scrumptious, including what is packaged inside! A very striking colour!

Julz said...

I adore this Jodene, it's so gorgeous I very may have to CASE it.

Tania Gould said...

WOW what a great little set! Great use of red!!!! Lots of hard work too Jodene.

delysc said...

what a beautiful gift Jodene! Love it all!

Paula said...

Lucky friend! A gorgeous Birthday gift Jodene. I especially like your choice of colours!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

This is such a lovely gift set and so beautiful in red!

Sandra said...

Glad to hear that you were able to get some of the chocolates from Aldi and that you liked my chocolate box enough to CASE it *smile* It looks fantastic in that DSP and flower.

Patrice said...

Gorgeous little gift set. Love the reds!

KimB said...

This looks just spectacular!! So rich and very special. I'm not a red girl (aside from my hair ;) but I love this!

Judy May said...

Wow, this is so striking Jodene. Love all the details and box for the choccies.

alittlelessuseless said...

Finally got here to comment, LOVE this as you know.... I have eaten two choccys already! and I spent ages today chatting with a friend trying to work out what kind of chocolates they were. :) Its gorgeous you are far too talented

Amanda said...

Love everything about this project. Absolutely stunning!

ThinkInk Creative said...

This is sooooo fabulous and quite likely yummily scrumptuous.

Melissa said...

A lovely gift set, and in those great papers too, lovely.