07 January 2011

Kicking the new year off with a Just Add Ink challenge - JAI50

Happy New Year my blogging friends! I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Years break with your loved ones. We just returned home this week after a quick trip to the Gold Coast and Sydney. Had a great time, but it's always so nice to come home. I will share some pics as I get a chance to sort through them!

In the meantime, I have a card to share with you. It is the first card I have made since early December and I think it shows .... seems I may have left my mojo back on the East coast! I hope to get some more done this week and get the stamping hands back in action.

Just Add Ink have been making some changes to their blog so you can look forward to some exciting new challenges this year! Here is my first one for 2011, and it's a colour challenge.

And here is my card.

Supplies:
Stamps: Watercolour Trio and Teeny Tiny Sentiments, both by Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: so saffron, elegant eggplant, whisper white
Ink: Pear pizzazz, riding hood red, elegant eggplant
Other: silver brads, corner punch by SU!, nestabilities die, certainly celery ribbon (didn't have the satin in the pear so I cheated!), red pearl accents on the flowers are from Kaiser.

12 comments:

Patrice said...

This is a lovely card Jodene. I don't think you left your mojo on holiday at all.

Happy new year!

KimB said...

Well if this is you lacking some mojo there are some good things to come!! LOVE that big lacey circle and the little red flowers with their pearl centre :)

Karen said...

Great card Jodene, gotta love that nestabilites die

Gretchen Clark said...

beautiful card!! Hope you had a great holiday and vacation~glad you are back~missed your blog posts :)

Paula said...

So beautiful - but then I have come to expect that from you Jodene. Welcome back :-)

inkeverywhere said...

Very pretty card. I love the flowers - they are very soft and pretty.

Karen G said...

This is a lovely card, Jodene. Not sure about your missing mojo, I think it is still with you.

I had such a struggle with the challenge colours this time and my effort ended up left in a pile on my desk.

Mae Collins said...

Well you certainly didn't lose your mojo by being on holidays, glad to see you back and to see more of your beautiful work Jodene.

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Oh wow!!!! You nailed it with this one, Jodene. Those stamps are so pretty.

Debbie M said...

Very nice!!!!

Debbie M

Rhonda said...

Just Gorgeous as usual Jodene.

I hope you had a fab time on your holidays and had an awesome Christmas and New Year with your family.

Hugs
Rhonda A

Renée said...

ooooh, love how you've used these colours, Jodene!