10 February 2011

JAI55 - Just Add Love!

With Valentines Day only a few sleeps away, it's the perfect time for a challenge all about Love, don't you think? And that's what the girls at Just Add Ink have in store for you this week so be sure to head on over and see what the rest of the design team have come up with.

And here is my entry for this week. I started with the card and kept it very 'no frills' since my hubby doesn't like real girly cards as he calls them! lol There is a little bit of sparkle though, on the red 'Love You'. After stamping I just went over it in Versamark, sprinkled it with a mix of Heat & Stick powder and dazzling diamonds and then set it with my trusty heat tool.

Then I thought that maybe the card was a bit 'plain' so I made a little matching gift box using a template by Lauren Meader which I will fill with chocolates. I also tried to keep that looking as un-girly as I could as well ;)
Supplies:
Cardstock: Riding Hood Red and Naturals Ivory
Stamps: Papertrey Ink, and Valentines sentiment by SU!
Ink: Crumb Cake, Riding Hood Red
Other: Early espresso satin ribbon, PTI die, buttons, string, dazzling diamonds

10 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I just love this and it's the perfect manly "love" card, your hubby with love it :) I adore the box as well!

Rachel said...

STUNNING....
Rach:)

Karen said...

Ummmmmmmmmmm I am gobsmacked! This is nothing short of fabo Jodene! Just added another PTI set to my wishlist! lol

K
x

Mae Collins said...

Jodene this is fabulous and I am sure your hubby will love it and especially whatever you have stored for him in the box!

Gretchen Clark said...

my PTI wish list is getting longer and longer, LOL! Love these V'day projects :)

Patrice said...

Gorgeous little gift set - I love a matching box! Perfect masculine combo, and love your little glittery bits.

I'm sure hubby will be very impressed.

Tania Gould said...

I love that box template too - perfect little size for a little something for someone special!

KimB said...

I'm speechless here - this took my breathe away!! Honestly they both look fabulous, love what you did with the box! Looks like I might need Mat Stack 2 die after all!
Kim

Jo said...

This is just perfect Jodene. I love the card (have been toying the getting that sentiment set for a while now) as well as the gift box. I'm very jelous that you are using your new Papertrey stuff. My order from early Jan is still not here (but at least it's in the country now :()

Sorry for being so slack in the commenting department - I've been keeping up though!

Angie Brown said...

Hi Jodene,
Your work is beautiful :) I'm just trying to work out which PTI stamp set you used on the background, would appreciate if you could let me know :) thanks