17 February 2011

JAI56 - Sketch Challenge

Hello blog visitors :) I hope that you have all had a great week! I have been crazy busy with work this week, and hubby finally got home yesterday after a month away so there has not been much time for me to create and play this week.

One thing I did make though, was a layout for this week's sketch challenge over at Just Add Ink. I thought instead of a card I would do something different, yet still kept my page VERY simple.

If you would like to play along, here is the sketch. You will notice that I flipped it to the right for my project this week :)
And here is my layout. Supplies:
Cardstock: Perfect Plum, Whisper White, Crumb Cake. Perfect Plum & Old Olive DSP
Stamps: Growing Green
Ink: Crumb Cake
Other: Martha Stewart border punch, Prima Flowers, Old Olive ribbon, Making Memories alphabet stickers, sewing, Stampin' Up! pastels.

And if you would like to see what the DT members have come up with be sure to pop over to JAI and check out this week's projects, I am sure you will be impressed!

10 comments:

Paula said...

What a beautiful layout Jodene! Love the soft embossing along the bottom. Your girls look stunning on the page. But they would look stunning off it too, eh?!!

delysc said...

Gorgeous LO Jodene! You have two beautiful girls there Jodene!

Mae Collins said...

I love how you have used this sketch to make such a gorgeous LO featuring some very beautiful girls! Stunning!

Christine Blain said...

Girl, you need to share more layouts with us! This is just so beautiful, and I love how you've interpreted the sketch. The softness of the pastels on the embossing is perfect.

Christine Blain said...

Okay, just realised the bottom of the page is NOT embossed; it's stamped, and the pastels look FABULOUS on the stamping!!

Patrice said...

Love that you went with a LO this week, and love the CAS style. Your girls are just gorgeous :o)

Bronwyn Eastley said...

This is such a great way to use the sketch for this week. Your girls are just gorgeous. I also love the pastels on the embossing!

KimB said...

The girls are gorgeous Jodene and you have created a beautiful page making them the stars. Lots of wonderful subtle details to complement the photo.
Kim

Susan Joyce said...

Delightful take on the sketch Jodene, and your girls are gorgeous, lovely photo.

Pam said...

I think I might just fall over and die! Did you just create a scrapbook page???? Love it!