24 March 2011

JAI61 - Just Add Stamps

I can't believe another week has flown by already! Where is the time going? I feel like I have achieved nothing this week and my to-do list continues to grow.

The only good thing about it being the end of another week is that it is challenge time again over at Just Add Ink ... and this time the challenge is to 'Just Add Stamps'. I love the simplicity of just using stamps and cardstock, and not having to think about what embellishments to add. Definitely a challenge for me!

I also loved seeing all of the different looks that you can get just using stamps, so be sure to stop by the JAI Blog and check out what the rest of the design team have done this week.

Here is my first card for this week, a birthday card I made for my sister.
Supplies:
Stamps: Watercolour trio by SU!, Greeting by Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Early Espresso, naturals ivory
Ink: Chocolate chip, crumb cake, pale plum
Other: Paper piercer, distressing tool

And here is my second card ... a bright, fun, kids birthday card. Very different from my first example!
Supplies:
Stamps: Pun Fun, Happy Birthday sentiment by PTI
Cardstock: Taken with teal, pumpkin pie, whisper white
Ink: Black archival ink by Ranger, pumpkin pie
Other: Copics, paper piercer

13 comments:

Highland Monkey's said...

Sometimes simplicity is all you need to make a great card. Love them

Paula said...

I love both of them Jodene! Your Sister's B'day card is soft and feminine. Your colouring on the rocket is so good, it looks 3D!!

Mae Collins said...

Both your cards are great examples of back to the basics of stamping and show such different looks! Have fun at your colouring classes!

Danielle said...

I love both of these! Especially the rocket. :-) Gorgeous colouring!

Christine Blain said...

Gorgeous cards, Jodene. Sometimes we need to pare back to the basics, amidst all the piles of supplies we have; but boy, this is going to be a challenge for me! Love both of your cards - they're fantastic.

Debgem said...

I really like them both - very different in look, but both fab!! Love the space ship though ;)

Alison said...

Both cards are gorgeous! That first one looks like it is printed on a linen canvas....so beautiful! The second one is just so bright & adorable!! :)

Sonia G said...

Your rocket looks 3D - Did you do that at colouring class? You are amazing!
Cheers
Sonia

KimB said...

They both wonderful Jodene. Love the soft flowers with the overlaid sentiment - gorgeous! And you've made your rocket the star of the second - so bright and fun :)

Kez said...

Both totally gorgeous Jodene. Thanks for such wonderful inspiration.

artyfartystuff said...

I am in love with your rocket card! How wonderful.

Nikki Spencer said...

your sisters birthday card is so pretty and delicate, but l do love them both.

delysc said...

I Love both of these jodene..lovely card for your sister and lovely kids card..must get that stamp set out now!