08 April 2011

JAI63 - Inspiration Challenge

This week the girls at JAI have an inspiration challenge for you ... and what a challenge it was! I had such a hard time with this one, but decided to go with the colours in the card and tried to replicate the 'levels' of colour as well. And I think that is 'flowers; they have around their necks in the pic, hence the addition of the layered flower :) To create the stripes, I just used thin strips of red cardstock layered onto the white.



The rest of the design team seemed to do much better than I did, so be sure to pop over to Just Add Ink and check out the other projects this week!


And if you want to play along, here is the inspiration photo.
And here is my card.

Supplies:

Cardstock: Crushed curry, gable green, real red, tempting turquoise, whisper white, basic black.

Stamps: So Happy For You

Other: PTI flower die, glimmer brads by SU!, Fiskars border punch.

7 comments:

Tammy Hanlon said...

Well done Jodene! This is a stunning card for these colours. Don't think I will even attempt this one!
Tammy

Mae Collins said...

I think you have interpreted the colours of the photo in your card very well and I like the addition of that layered flower!

Karen said...

Fab card Jodene! I reckon you've done really well considering those colours aren't the easiest to work with!

I'm hoping to have a play this weekend. I've been too busy spring cleaning to be crafting this week - darn it all! lol

K
x

Paula said...

I love your interpretation of this challenge photo! it was a toughie, but you pulled it off ♥

Christine Blain said...

I think your card's gorgeous, Jodene, and a great interpretation of the inspiration piece (you're not kidding, that's a challenge!). Don't be so hard on yourself. Your card is beautiful.

KimB said...

Jodene , this is lovely! It a kind of CAS version of the photo and it looks fabulous!
Kim

Bronwyn Eastley said...

So glad you joined in this week because you nailed the challenge. Love those flowers and matching stripes.