30 April 2011

The renovations have commenced!

I am quite excited, as the renovations have finally started on our house .. which is in serious need of a makeover!
Today the renderers came and started on the front and 1 side of the house and will be back over the next few days to finish up. It will be a while before we can paint it (once it dries out) but I can't wait until it's finished!
And on Wednesday we have new timber flooring being put in through all of the living rooms/halls & kitchen. I will be so glad to see the back of the cold tiles ... no more trying to keep the grout clean and having to wear slippers even in summer because the floors are so cold!
After that we will be having the roof restoration done, which includes replacement of broken tiles and some guttering and then repainting. It will go from orange to charcoal which will look great with the render.
Next up will be the front landscaping which includes garden beds and new lawn ... so excited about that! At the moment we have what could only be described as straw covering our front yard. LOL
And finally a new patio out the back and a front fence with electronic sliding gate.
Anyway, I just thought I would show you a sneak peek of what has happened so far. This is before and as I said - it's in serious need of a makeover
And this is what they got done this morning.
I will bring you more pics as the transformation progresses.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Oooh! It's gonna look awesome! The shape of your house really works with a rendered look (I hope that makes sense!!). :-)

Christine Blain said...

This is SOOOOO exciting! Can't wait to see all the progress photos.

Pam said...

I will look forward to seeing the progress!