06 May 2011

I finally have my new floors!

After three (long) days of living in a house with no furniture our new floors are finally done! I can't tell you how glad I am to see the back of all of the grout that needed constant cleaning. And the house doesn't look quite so 'white' now :)

Since we had to move things out and back in we decided to rearrange rooms. The living room became the dining room, the games room became the living room and the old dining room (which was a small space) will have a new buffet and some chairs at the breakfast bar. We will also buy a nice big square table to fill the space of the dining room. I cannot believe how much bigger the house looks with the furniture more spread out!

Anyway, this post would mean nothing without pics right? Here are some before and after shots. They were taken at night so the light is a little 'orange'. The floors look more 'warm' in reality.


THE ENTRY WAY BEFORE & AFTER



THE HALLWAY BEFORE & AFTER


THE KITCHEN BEFORE & AFTER






THE OLD GAMES (JUNK) ROOM - NOW THE LIVING ROOM


THE OLD LIVING ROOM - NOW THE DINING ROOM


THE OLD BRICK HEARTH IN THE FORMAL LOUNGE BEFORE & AFTER





JUST A COUPLE OF RANDOM SHOTS :) NEW BUFFET STILL TO GO UNDER THE WINDOW

11 comments:

Jess said...

looks super!

Pam said...

They look beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Love the new look. Your house looks so much more modern and fresh. Could you provide some information about the colors and type of wood. I'm looking to do the same to a couple of rooms in my house! BQBecky@aol.com

Karen said...

Like to told ya on FB - it looks BEAUTIFUL Jodene! Just like a new house hey!

Karen
x

delysc said...

Gorgeous Jodene! The floors make your house look warmer and soo gorgeous!

Helen Williams said...

Looks great.

speckle said...

I can't believe what a difference the new floor has made to the feeling of your home. I bet you are excited, I know I would be, and as you say no more stupid grout. I mean, whoever decided grout was a good thing, obviously never had to clean it. I am so happy for you Jodene. Love Donna

Debbi Baker said...

You have a beautiful house Jodene and the new floors and layout look fantastic!

Amanda said...

Looks so amazing Jodene! Congrats!

Tania Gould said...

WOW it all looks so lovely and what a beautiful home you have!

Tony Beebe said...

You chose hardwood over tiles? Well, very it's beautiful. It perfectly matches your walls and it gave life to your house.