20 May 2011

JAI68 - Colour Challenge

Hi! Remember me? I know it's been a while, sorry! I returned home from an awesome time at convention in Melbourne on Sunday night and hit the ground running and haven't stopped since. But now that I have a nice quiet weekend ahead of me (the first in a couple of months!) I look forward to sharing some convention photos with you as well as some more card projects. And of course lots more happening with the house reno's too :)

This week my eldest daughter also had her concert after winning the You Tube competition a while back. She played live in front of over a thousand people and I was so nervous for her! Of couse she did brilliantly and made me so proud (and yes I did shed a tear or two). So I will come back and share a few pics of that as well.


In the meantime, it is of course Friday which means it's challenge time over at Just Add Ink. And this week the girls have a gorgeous colour challenge for you. Due to time restrictions I have gone with a very simple card this week, which was inspired by one that Nicole Heady from PTI did back in April.

So if you would like to play along, here are the colours.


And here is my card.
Supplies:
Stamps: Paptertrey Ink
Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Perfect Plum, Pear Pizazz, Whisper white
Ink: Baja Breeze, Perfect Plum, Kiwi Kiss (I didn't have PP), basic black
Other: Scalloped border punch and black satin ribbon by SU!

9 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Gorgeous! Love the retro look of those stamps, and the colours look GREAT. Nice dramatic touch with the black ribbon, too! You've had quite a week, haven't you?! Miss you already :(

Mae Collins said...

A great card, love the image.

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I love the simplicity of this card. You always do CAS so well. What a week for your family!!! Hope you get some R and R in soon.

KimB said...

Oooh lucky you - more new PTI - rocket ship is now on the way but this one is still on my list! Great card for an older girl, especially with that little plum birdy perched up on the sentiment.
Kim xxx

Melissa said...

Lovely card, and love that sentiment, another onto my wish list lol.

Nikki Spencer said...

Beautiful, such a perfect choice of stamps for this colour combo, love the CAS look you have created.

Paula said...

Love, love, love this retro look Jodene. Great use of these colours, which fit "retro" really well!

Marlena M. said...

No way...I own these stamps...Grunge Me, right? You made some rockin' images look beautiful and delicate. That is so awesome! Love it. ;)

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

Love your card Jodene. It's so strikingly beautiful.