30 June 2011

Fancy Folds Blog Hop - JAI74


It's challenge time again over at Just Add Ink, but this week we have something a little different in store!

We'r
e going on a Fancy Folds Blog Hop! We hope you'll play along. There are only 12 stops and mine is the lucky last. So if you haven't seen the others just hit the link at the bottom of my post whichwill take you back to Just Add Ink and you can start from there.
At each stop one of the Design Team Members will be showing you a different Fancy Fold that they like and providing you with a tutorial or linking up to one they used to create their project(s). We hope to give you loads of inspiration for this week's challenge which is...

To choose one fancy card fold that you like, make a ne
w card and link it up as per usual.

Now onto my card! I have chosen the Marquee Card which was beautifully demonstrated at convention recently by Bonnie Thurber.But you can find a great online video tutorial here created by the talented Jan Tink. And since tomorrow is the first of July I thought I might share a few Christmas in July projects this month and this will be my first.

I have stamped the white cardstock with white craft ink and heat embossed it using a mix of heat & stick powder mixed with dazzling diamonds. It's hard to see the effect in the photos but it is very sparkly :)
Now just click on the link below which will take you back to JAI where you can upload your own creation for this week or check out the gorgeous projects from the other DT members.

22 comments:

Cristy said...

What a fun new fold! Thanks Jodene for sharing (and thanks to Jan Tink for the amazing tutorial video)!

Paula said...

Another sample of fabulousness! These Ta-da cards are so cool. I would love to get one for Christmas (hint,hint!) ♥

delysc said...

Love love love this Jodene! The white with the splash of colour is just gorgeous!

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

What a beautiful card!! I will definitely try this out - thanks for sharing it with us :)

Bronwyn Eastley said...

This is one special Christmas card. I just love that 'ta dah' element about it. Thanks for the link to the video tutorial.

Tammy Hanlon said...

This is beautiful Jodenne, I really love that belly band what a great idea!
Tammy

Mae Collins said...

A fab Christmas card. I was inspired by this Ta-dah type card when Bonnie demonstrated it at Convention but couldn't remember exactly how to do it, now that you have provided a link to the tutorial I can definitely give this a go! Thanks for inspiring me again Jodene. ♥

Tania Gould said...

As I've said before, this looks really professional and like something bought in a store!

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

Definitely a card to "surprise and delight"!

Karen said...

Oh now I can have a go at one of these. There has been alot of talk about the Ta-Da card and not having gone to convention I felt a little sad. Thanks heaps Jodene

t_bar_star said...

Thank you so much for showing me a new fold technique - I'm new to all of this and I really do enjoying learning and trying new things! Have a great weekend. Theresa

walchowDesign said...

Fun fold card!

Nikki Spencer said...

Ta-Dah is right Jodene! definately a showstopper, Love that you have left the front white with just sparkles and a hint of colour, builds the excitement for whats inside!
Absolutely beautiful and great link!

Fiona Harrison said...

Ta for this, it is a great card. Loved Bonnie's Ta-Da demo. Thanks for the link.

KimB said...

Love the idea (and effect) of the sparkly white stamping Jodene. Loved this when I saw Bonnie demo it and think yours is equally gorgeous :) Think hubby might get one of these for his birthday!
Kim xxx

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

Beautiful card! An another new fold for me to try. Thanks :)

Patrice said...

Very cool card. Love that little bit of colour on all that white.

Maryanne Johston said...

Hi Jodene,

Love that card... will have to have a go at it.

It was lovely to see you at Ngaire's the other night.

hopefully see you at stamp camp.

Tui Nathan said...

Oh my ... how super clever and a lovely little surprise!!! I love how you have embellished your card and the topping off of the belly band just gives it that extra touch of wonderment ... love it!!!
Thank you for sharing the tutorial!!!

H2 :) said...

Very clever fold Jodene! Love the all white card with the splash of colour & sparkle at the focal point. :)

Debbie M said...

Very nice - very different - great for that wow Chrissy card.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

I just breathed a sigh of relief to pop back and view your card. I think my entry is close enough to be acceptable. (My fault ... I didn't read the instructions clearly enough!) But ... I will give it a go! This is such a gorgeous creation, Jodene! Hugs xxaxx
PS If you want to see what I mean about "near enough is good enough" ... then here is my post
EnchantINK