12 June 2011

A new addition ... to my craft room!

I had a big clean out and reorganisation of my craft space yesterday and it felt so good!
I can't believe I didn't take before pics, because it was such a disaster area. I only seem to share the clean ones, and had wanted to prove that it actually does get out of control .... to the point where I cannot do another thing in there because there is not one clear space on my desk! lol

I had this Ikea Expedit unit inside the wardrobe in my room, so decided to move it out into my space to create a place for my big shot rather than having to use it on my desk, and also give me somewhere to put my clip-it-up system which was taking up a large area on my desk as well.

I replaced the unit in the wardrobe with an older bookcase that we had lying around, so I got out of this little re-org for not much cost. Although I did do a 'quick' trip to Ikea yesterday to pick up the baskets, drawer units and few more clear tubs.

Anyway, here is the new addition to my room. I will also put a few of the other pics up so you can see my reorganised storage. I have so much more space now, and 3 of those boxes in my expedit are still empty!


I will put a brief description under each pic re: organisation/storage etc.


I love these drawers for the Expedit units! 1 has my PTI dies and small single stamps in it, the other has all of my adhesives, the third has my SU! wheels in it and the other has all my little jars of coloured glitter etc. 3 of the boxes at the bottom are still empty, and the other has all of my chipboard and wood stuff for altering. The tubs in the top right box hold all of my nestabilities, big shot dies and cuttlebug embossing folders (there are 4 of them in the one cube).



I have changed the side section of my desk to a longer top (which I was previously using for my computer). It has given me a lot more space, especially now that I have taken the Clip-it-Up unit off the top of it!

Just a view of my bookshelves looking into the room. The rolling file unit holds my SU! cardstock sorted by colour.


A view of the top of my desk ... much more clutter-free :D


The right bookcase. This holds all of my SU! stamps (clear and wood mount), punches in the plastic tubs, misc. DSP, etc.


The left bookcase has catalogues, unmounted stamps, old SU! DSP, the black drawers have embossing folders, ink pads, and misc. accessories in it, the white basket holds all of my envelopes. A closeup of some of the shelves. The top row are my PTI stamp sets,the just buttons, and my copics and prisma markers.



And these last two are just closeups of my stamp storage and punches etc.


Thanks for looking around my little space and enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

14 comments:

Jess said...

wow, looks great, I need to get in and organise mine again. I have to pack it up for a few days while we have a visitor :(

Danielle said...

Oh, how I love your craft room!! I swoon at the thought of Ikea!!

Nikki Spencer said...

Wow!!!...Jodene this is fantastic, so neat and organised, l have to ask..what are the blue and orange dots on your stamps? Just where did you slot your mum when she was over?
and when are you coming over to do mine..lol

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I'll say ditto to Nikki's comments and questions ;) Looks fantastic, Jodene. I'll come and have a play one day if ever I find myself in WA.

Jodene said...

Nikki, when someone comes to stay, I just move the desks out and put a bed in :) That is why I am keeping two of those black boxes empty so I can pop the stuff on my desk into them and just move the desks into the garage. Easy!
As for the dots, red is for retired stamps, blue for current, one colour for hostess sets and one colour for US sets that we don't have. I only used to do it when we used current sets only on JAI. Now I don't worry about colour coding my new sets.

Pam said...

Looks great, and you definitely have much more room to make a mess on your desk! ;)

Richelle said...

*drools*! Your space looks like heaven for a crafter! So much desk space! And empty storage space is something that's unheard of in my space lol :)

Gretchen Clark said...

what a great space!! Love the new addition :)

Mae Collins said...

WOW envy plus! Jodene you need to come organise my craft space as this is absolutely amazing. Thanks for answering the coloured dot questions as that came to my mind too when I saw the pictures. Inpsiring.

Patrice said...

Looks fabbo! Love the new addition. Wish we had Ikea in Canberra :o(

I spied that little 'holder' for your heat tool. Where oh where did you find that? I want one so badly! It's the only 'tool' that annoys me and I tend not to use it rather than fight with the cord....I know I'm not the only person who has this issue!

Debbi Baker said...

Oh my - so pretty and so organised! Very inspiring Jodene!

Debbie M said...

OMG!!!! I am dying with jealousy!!! Your scrap area is to die for!!

Baseret said...

I love the color of your room!

Kylie said...

Love your room. Ikea and I go way back too...just love their expedit shelves.