28 July 2011

JAI78 - Colour Challenge

I know I say it all the time, but I just can't believe how quickly the weeks are passing by! So much going on here at the moment, the house renovations are moving along despite the terrible weather, and next week my oldest daughter Madison will celebrate her 15th birthday! Boy, just typing that out makes me feel so much older. LOL Only 19 days later and my little baby will be 13 and I will officially be the mother of TWO teenagers. Oh boy!

This week my eldest nephew Brenton will be celebrating his 21st, and I thought I would use the gorgeous colour challenge this week over at Just Add Ink to make his card. Here are the great colours for this week, I think they would work great for either a masculine or feminine card!
And here is my card, which was inspired by one I had seen made by Betsy Veldman over at PTI

Supplies:
Stamps: Extreme guitar by SU!, Grunge Me by PTI, Big Birthday Wishes by PTI
Cardstock: Not quite navy, whisper white, certainly celery. DSP by Sassafras Lass
Ink: Not quite navy, certainly celery, sahara sand, chocolate chip
Other: PTI Number dies, navy button, stitching, distress tool

14 comments:

Vineyardstamper said...

WOW your card is just gorgeous I am sure your nephew will love it.
Fiona x

Karen said...

oh you are sooooo making me want that grunge me set! STOP IT! LOL

This card is really aweseome!!

K
x

Christine Blain said...

Very cool! For a Mum of two girls, you're pretty darn good at these male cards, y'know!

Lou Ryan said...

oooooh I LOVE this Jodene. Great male 21st card! Grown up boy cards are sooo hard to do but you've done it with ease. It's my eldest nephew's 21st next month... so thanks for the inspiration! Looks fantastic.

KimB said...

This is an awesome card Jodene! Absolutely spot on for a 21st! Grunge Me was on my list but now so is Big Birthday Wishes!! Love it.
Kim xxx

Nikki Spencer said...

Such a very cool and awesome card Jodene, fantastic use of the colours!

Susan Joyce said...

Terrific card Jodene, very cool.

Marlena M. said...

Don't they grow like weeds????? I know..my oldest is 15 also and I have one turning 13 in a couple of months too....WAAAAAA!

You look great-no worries! ;) You've obviously still got the youth in you...that rockin' card will be appreciated! ;)

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Love, love, love it, Jodene - so funky and perfect colours for a male 21st birthday card.

Patrice said...

THE perfect 21st card. Love it!

Patrice said...

THE perfect 21st card. Love it!

Angie Tieman said...

Amazing card! Love it!

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

This card is stunning Jodene! You do grunge so well!

Mae Collins said...

Jodene this 21st card is stunning in colours and design...one for the CASE file! You feel old, my 'baby' boy turns 21 this Wednesday and my 'baby' girl recently turned 18 and has her first tattoo...I now feel old!