27 July 2011

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #127

Well I think this is the first card I have made in a couple of months that wasn't for a DT challenge. And to get me started (because it appears my mojo never came back to the stamp room with me!) I went through and printed out a bunch of online challenges to play along with. The first one I have done is this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge from Karen Giron's blog. And I must admit, it is a little bit brighter than my usual style.

Here is the sketch:

And here is my card:

Supplies:
Stamps: Fabulous Florets (SU!), Inside & Out Birthday (PTI)
Cardstock: Wild wasabi, melon mambo, whisper white, basic black. DSP is Beyond the Garden by SU!
Ink: Melon mambo, wild wasabi, basic black, versamark
Other: Dotted scallop ribbon border punch (SU!), melon mambo polka dotted ribbon (turned upside down), stitching

4 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Ooh, I love it! I've never combined Wild Wasabi with Melon Mambo, but it (the green) tones down the brightness beautifully. Another gorgeous creation, you clever thing xx

Diane Barnes said...

Fab card Jodene. Great colour combo & love how you used the flowers & the stitched ribbon.

Gretchen Clark said...

so pretty!! I love your take on the sketch :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

I absolutely love this card Jodene (and I'm not a brighter colour person). Not sure why you were worried about your mojo, coz this card is stunning Cheers!