05 August 2011

JAI79 - Just add tearing / distressing

This week over at Just Add Ink, we are challenging you to use some form of distressing or tearing technique on your project.

I chose to tear my DSP and then used the distressing tool to get the rough edges on my card this week. And the DSP I have used is embossed and really shiny but for some reason I couldn't seem to capture that in the photo, so you will have to imagine it. LOL
Supplies:
Stamps by Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Whisper white, so saffron
Ink: Basic Black, Marina Mist
Other: Daisies #2 die, black satin ribbon and glimmer brad all by SU! Die by Papertrey Ink, stitching, distressing tool by Heidi Swapp

9 comments:

Marlena M. said...

I love the simple design and elegant look. ;)

Christine Blain said...

Beautiful! Love how you can still achieve your clean, elegant look on a card that has distressed edges.

KimB said...

Gorgeous card Jodene. Love the tattered edges mixed with the stitching and that fabulous flower with the offset sentiment.
Kim xxx

Paula said...

Lovely and simple, but still packs a punch with that delicious flower Jodene! Love who the distressed edges just breaks up the totally clean lines. Another gorgeous card from you ♥

Amanda said...

Hi Jodene, I would love to be able to send a little something to you from Nanny Kate Design for leaving me a comment on my blog.
Forward me your postal address and I will pop a little treasure in the post for you!

x manda

Nikki Spencer said...

Another gorgeous creation, Loooove your flower and the cas lines.

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Beeeeuuuuuutiful!

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

Beautiful card Jodene. Love your stitching and the flower. Wonderful choice of colours too.

julieprice3 said...

Very Pretty card Jodene. Love the daisy
Hugs Julie P