18 August 2011

JAI COLOUR CHALLENGE #81 AND SSSC SKETCH #130

Can you believe that it's already time for another challenge over at Just Add Ink?

This week has flown by in a haze of illness here. What started out as migraines ended up as a middle ear infection in both ears for me causing me to be quite dizzy and off balance. Then Claudia came down sick today with vomiting and high temperatures. I am not sure if it is a bug or a reaction to some vaccination needles she had yesterday. Either way it meant a day at home hanging out on the couch for both of us.

I have managed to get a few cards done and this week's challenge card was one of them! If you would like to play along, here is the gorgeous colour combo.
I also combined the colour challenge with this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge . This is the sketch.

And here is my card. I have used the new Delicate Doilies stamp from Stampin' Up! which will be available on 1st September.
Supplies:
Stamps: Delicate Doilies by SU!, sentiment stamp by Papertrey Ink.
Cardstock: Cajun Craze, Peach Parfait, Bashful Blue, Very Vanilla
Ink: Cajun Craze, Bashful Blue, Groovy Guava (I didn't have the peach!)
Other: Scallop circle punch, border punch and circle punch all by Stampin' Up!

8 comments:

Karen said...

This is BEWDIFUL!! I love the colours!!

K
x

PS - I hope you gals are better today!!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Wow! This is stunning, Jodene. I'm glad you pointed out that awesome sketch too as I love it and need to make some quick cards today. The doily stamps look awesome. Can't wait to ink mine up.

Christine Blain said...

GREAT card - loving those doilies. Hope you and your littlest sweetie are feeling much better.

delysc said...

Ooh this is going in my case file Jodene..gorgeous!!!

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

Gorgeous card Jodene! I love the way you've used the doilies on it - very effective!

KimB said...

What an awful week Jodene! Hope you and Claudia are both feeling better!! and somehow you created this wonderful card. Love the layered pattern you created with the doilies - fab effect!
Kim xxx

Nikki Spencer said...

Gorgeous use of the colours Jodene and the way you have used the doilies looks fab!

Patrice said...

Wow you've been busy since I last visited. Sorry to hear you've been sick, that's never nice. Hope this week you're a house full of health and happiness!

Love how you've used the doily stamps. Gorgeous card!