04 September 2011

Sunny Challenges SC005/11

I hope that you are having a wonderful weekend! It's been pretty busy here once again, and what I hoped was going to be a quiet Saturday night turned into me hosting a last minute BBQ for hubby's work colleague and his family. So there went my plans to hang out in my craft room all night!

And of course today is Father's Day here in Oz, so we have spent the morning hanging out with Gerard, making him breakfast, spoiling him with gifts and watching a DVD. Now I hope to sneak off to my room for some mummy play time ;)

Before I do, I thought I would just share this card I made for one of Madi's best friends who got her Learner Drivers Permit this week. To make the card I used the sketch from the Sunny Challenges & Creations blog. Unfortunately I didn't get it put up in time to make the challenge deadline, so hopefully I will do better with that this week!

Anyway here is the sketch challenge that they issued:
And here is my card:
To get the sparkly car, I first stamped the image in versamark ink before inking it in melon mambo. I then stamped it and coated it in a mix of Heat & Stick powder and dazzling diamonds and heat set it.

Supplies:
Stamps: all by Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Melon mambo, whisper white, DSP by Kaiser
Ink: Green galore, melon mambo, versamark, basic black
Other: Dazzling Diamonds, heat & stick powder, pom pom ribbon in melon mambo, corner rounder punch, PTI car die.

2 comments:

Christine Blain said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! What a fun, girly card; too cute.

DAWN Braun said...

oh my goodness, that sparkly car, I want one to DRIVE! hehe...awesome card and what a perfect saying! :)