16 October 2011

FTL162 - Crafting for Katie

Hello my blog visitors

Today I have a special card to share with you - not that I am saying my card making is very special but rather the cause for which I have created this card today :)

Many of you may know of Katie Renz, but if you don't you can visit her blog HERE and read her story. She is a very talented stamper and sadly is currently fighting against Stage 4 Gastric Cancer. Her courage and bravery during this battle has been nothing short of inspirational. Katie, her husband Kevin and their three beautiful boys are never far from my thoughts.

To help Katie and her family, the wonderfully talented Lori Boyd has created a gorgeous digital stamp of Katie's three sons and is selling this digi image to raise money for Katie. If you would like to help too, just visit this link HERE.

I decided to team the image with this week's sketch from Clean & Simple Stamping to create my card for Katie. Here is the sketch I used:

And here is my card:






5 comments:

Karen said...

Jodene this is such a lovely card and what a gorgeous image too!! I so wish I could colour like you!!

Great job my friend!!

Karen
xo

PS - I think its really sad you would even have to explain yourself to the 'blog police' in this situation! Seriously, if they feel the need to dob you in, then perhaps they need to look at another hobby!

Nikki Spencer said...

Totally agree with Karens comments Jodene, Your card is adorable.
Thank you for sharing the link to Katies story, l will link also when l complete a card for Katie. xxx

Patrice said...

What a gorgeous image! Love your card Jodene - I too wish I could colour like you. I've been following Katie's story for a long time as well and must go over to catch up on the latest.

Totally agree with Karen's comment - such a shame you have to explain yourself on your own blog!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a cute family image. I like the colorful patterned paper too.

Gretchen Clark said...

what a lovely card!! ~praying for Kate