13 October 2011

JAI89 Inspiration Challenge

This week's challenge over at Just Add Ink was definitely that for me - a challenge! I decided to pull out the brayer for this card since I have never really used one before. Well let me just say that after over a dozen attempts just to come up with this card, I think I will stick to my usual CAS style of card making and leave the brayering to the experts! LOL

Anyway, here is the challenge pic for this week.


And here is my card.


If you haven't already been there, be sure to pop over to the JAI Challenge blog and check out what the other DT members have come up with, there are some gorgeous projects to look at this week!

11 comments:

~Kristina said...

Wow! Your take on the inspiration pic is fantastic. Your colour pattern replicates it so well.

Kerry (Kez) Bunting said...

Jodene your card is just gorgeous and your brayering wonderful - don't give up hope, it just takes practice! All your effort was worth it on this one, LOVE the card.

Christine Blain said...

I absolutely LOVE the way you've laid down colour on this card, Jodene; it is fantastic!!

Jess said...

Your brayering looks so fabulous!

KimB said...

This is soooo awesome Jodene - it makes me want to go out and make a Halloween card as its so cute and so scary at the same time!! Very worth the effort!
Kim xxx

Narelle said...

Your card is so cool Jodene. The colours you've used exactly match the inspiration photo. Love it.

Gretchen Clark said...

I love the background!! so cool :)

Mary Hansen said...

I totally love your card and brayer technique!! Your practice paid off!

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

I love your halloween card Jodene and your brayering is great. (I don't know what you're going on about at all :) Great choice of colours against the black.

Patrice said...

I love all the colours you got with this one Jodene. Fabulous job, you can brayer with the best of them whether you think so or not!

Nikki Spencer said...

Brilliantly done Jodene and l refer to your brayering...:0)
Not a big Halloween fan normally, but this is exceptional...love it!