24 November 2011

JAI95 - Bah Humbug!


This week's challenge over at Just Add Ink is a Christmas challenge with a twist! This week we challenge you to make a Christmas project but with NO Christmas paper, and NO Christmas images although you CAN use a Christmas sentiment. It's great to look at some of the stamps you already have in your stash in a new light!

For my card this week, I used the flower from Stampin' Up's! Delight in Life stamp set because it reminded me of a poinsettia flower, along with the SU! big shot leaf die.


Supplies:
Stamps: Flower by SU!, sentiment by Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Crumb cake, whisper white, old olive
Ink: Black memento ink
Other: Scallop border punch and leaf die by SU!, 'Peace' die and linen impressions plate by Papertrey Ink, brad by SU!, copic markers

7 comments:

Mae Collins said...

Your poinsettia flower is beautiful and the antique brad sets it off so nicely. A great card.

Christine Blain said...

Beautiful, Jodene. I love the way the antique brad contrasts with the crisp white die-cut sentiment. Gorgeous card, love x

Lou Ryan said...

Gorgeous Jodene as always. I love that sentiment die. they were out of stock when I placed my order :-(

Patrice said...

Lovely Jodene. That bright flower looks terrific, the addition of the antique brad is perfect. Love the die cut sentiment too.

Marlena M. said...

It really looks like a poinsettia! Great idea, Jodene. ;)

Jo said...

This is gorgeous Jodene. I love the layout and that die, something that I didn't think I needed, but now I do :)

Nikki Spencer said...

Love it Jodene! very nice Diecut sentiment too, it looks great in white, really sets of you poinsettia.