22 December 2011

JAI99 - Just Add Fancy Packaging

The timing couldn't be more perfect for this week's Just Add Ink challenge, with all of that Christmas wrapping we have to do in the next few days! And because it is such a busy time for everyone, we are extending this week's challenge and leaving it open for TWO weeks. Yay :)

For my project this week, I made gift card holders for all of my nieces and nephews. And the new gift card die from Papertrey Ink made putting these together so easy!
I also wanted to share with you some other fancy packaging projects that I made this week. For the small people in my life I made some Magic Reindeer Food and placed it in little cups and cellophane bags before embellishing with some little tags adorned with reindeer made from various punches.
Supplies - Gift Card Holders
Stamps: All Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Kraft, Whisper White, various DSP
Other: Bells, glitter, PTI alphabet dies

Supplies: Magic Reindeer Food
Cardstock: Kraft, early espresso, red glitter cardstock
Other: Owl punch, leaf punch (both SU!), tag punch by Papertrey Ink, cellophane bags/paper, tinsel, silver twine, small xmas coffee mugs from the discount store, rolled and oats and glitter (for the magic reindeer food), googly eyes.

And in case you would like to make some reindeer food, here is the little poem.

Sprinkle on the lawn at night,
the moon will make it sparkle bright.
As Santa's reindeer fly and roam,
this will guide them to your home.

And before I sign off my last challenge for 2011
I would like to take this opportunity to
wish you and your loved ones a Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year.

6 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Wow! You have been a busy bee. These are awesome. I love the gift card die from PTI - very cute and versatile.

Debbie said...

G'day Jodene, I just love your work. Would you please give me the PTI Item # or tell me where I can find it in their die area to order. Thanks.

Jodene said...

Thanks Debbie, the die is called Gift Card Greetings and the item number is PTD-0192 :)

Joan said...

Fabulous projects! You took a lot of time adding everyones name to the envelopes! Great Gift Card holders.

Nikki Spencer said...

These are great gift card holders Jodene, beautifully done as usual!
Really like the personal touch of having the names on them.

KimB said...

These are so bright and fun Jodene - perfect for nieces and nephews. Love all the little details! Any idea how the PTI die compares to the SU petite pocket?
Kim xxx